D-RATS radios

Patrick Connor

I am please to announce the UHF radio port of the PDRA Ratflector is back in operation. Tune your D-STAR radio to 445.73125 MHz, with a negative offset. Connect your radio to a computer running D-RATS. In D-RATS, make a serial connection to your D-STAR radio, and you are ready to communicate. You can still connect to this Ratflector by making a network connection to k3pdr.dstargateway.org, port 9000.

Jim McCloskey

Patrick, other than DV mode, any other changes I need to make to the radio. Slow learner.

Jim, NS3K

From: k3pdr@groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Connor via groups.io <n3tsz@...>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 5:39 PM
To: k3pdr@groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io>
Subject: [k3pdr] D-RATS radios

I am please to announce the UHF radio port of the PDRA Ratflector is back in operation. Tune your D-STAR radio to 445.73125 MHz, with a negative offset. Connect your radio to a computer running D-RATS. In D-RATS, make a serial connection to your D-STAR radio, and you are ready to communicate. You can still connect to this Ratflector by making a network connection to k3pdr.dstargateway.org, port 9000.

Patrick Connor

I do not believe so, but as I always say: consult the low speed data section of your radio manual for more details (I don't have one of every radio to try myself). 

Patrick (N3TSZ)

On Sunday, February 28, 2021, 03:00:28 PM EST, Jim McCloskey <jmccloskey@...> wrote:

Patrick, other than DV mode, any other changes I need to make to the radio. Slow learner.

Jim, NS3K

From: k3pdr@groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> on behalf of Patrick Connor via groups.io <n3tsz@...>

Jim McCloskey

Okay, thanks.

Jim, NS3K

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 3:13 PM
To: k3pdr@groups.io
Subject: Re: [k3pdr] D-RATS radios

I do not believe so, but as I always say: consult the low speed data section of your radio manual for more details (I don't have one of every radio to try myself). 

Patrick (N3TSZ)

On Sunday, February 28, 2021, 03:00:28 PM EST, Jim McCloskey <jmccloskey@...> wrote:

Jim, NS3K

Hi Patrick,

I connected with the id-880h. I pinged all stations but didn't get a response. Maybe my path isn't good to the repeater. I did see N3KDA pop up but the connectivity test failed.

73, Ron NY3J

On 2/27/21 5:39 PM, Patrick Connor via groups.io wrote:

fstfish66@aol.com

looking for some  help, tried to check in to the  D STAR net monday night the 22nd, ive been registered, ive talked on this repeater before,but  lately  no one seems to hear me,,,i see the  repeater return to me the question mark and  repeater  ID,,,  any help would be  great    thanks  DON       KC3IGJ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Mar 2, 2021 11:38 am

Hi Patrick,

I connected with the id-880h. I pinged all stations but didn't get a response. Maybe my path isn't good to the repeater. I did see N3KDA pop up but the connectivity test failed.

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Don, Are you trying the K3PDR repeater. You could also try AA3E. I think they are linked. I'm not sure what a question mark means.

73, Ron NY3J

On 3/22/21 7:56 PM, fstfish66 via groups.io wrote:

looking for some  help, tried to check in to the  D STAR net monday night the 22nd, ive been registered, ive talked on this repeater before,but  lately  no one seems to hear me,,,i see the  repeater return to me the question mark and  repeater  ID,,,  any help would be  great    thanks  DON       KC3IGJ

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

fstfish66@aol.com

hi and thanks,,,  when the repeater sees you  it  replies with a question mark and its call sign,,,i have registered  and  been accepted,  but  i have not  found out how or  where to find and soft ware for  D STAR thats like wires x soft ware,,,,
i dont  know what or  how to get to AA3E ??? but thanks,,,now i am on a icom 9700  after  i  was registered i had to to a full rest of the rig,,,which wasnt needed I discovered, the  mic on a week old  rig went  bad,,,,since then  i lost the factory repeater list in the rig,and do not have the  option of the reflector button now,,,  im going to have to  down load it  from  ICOM  but  i think  im mising  something  else besides being able to get in to the repeater,,,,thank you

Sent: Mon, Mar 22, 2021 8:18 pm

Hi Don, Are you trying the K3PDR repeater. You could also try AA3E. I think they are linked. I'm not sure what a question mark means.

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

fstfish66@aol.com

hello,  any help would be  great,,,,,as far as  i  know  I am registered at K3PDR  for D STAR, it  seemed to work on the 2 meter system ,i ddint  have a chance to try to make a contact on the  445.181.25 ,  i have the icom 9700 ,,,and  only a few days after it  was new the stock hand mic stopped working,,,we never thought  it was the mic at first,,,,so a few guys had me do a total reset, well needless to say after that I discovered it  wiped out the factory  installed D STAR  repeater guide, so IM guesing that has some thing to do with why I CAN only be heard locally thru the  146.610 repeater,,,im about to have total hip replacement surgery very soon,,,,after that  I WILL  try to do a down load  of  the  DSTAR  repeater guide back into the icom 9700///

during your net it was discovered  im not getting thru the gateway to be  heard across the system,,,,talking with some  run running the net he gave me some  info on how to program back into my  rig  K3PDR SPACE SPACE G ..... for the 2 meter  repeater,  I THINK  I HAVE IT  CORRECT  but  just checking to see if  there is any thign  else ???? I  havent  tried to make a contact yet,,,,

what would  I  NEED to put in the rig for the 445.181.25 portion to get thru the gate way ???  any help would be  great,frustrating hering and  not being  heard,,,,I couldnt  find this info on the K3PDR WEB SITE

thanks  don KC3IGJ         fstfish66@...

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

Mark Hinkel

This should help you figure out what to enter in the rpt-1 and rpt-2 slots.
Mark WA3QVU

On Sunday, March 28, 2021 fstfish66 via groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> wrote:

hello,  any help would be  great,,,,,as far as  i  know  I am registered at K3PDR  for D STAR, it  seemed to work on the 2 meter system ,i ddint  have a chance to try to make a contact on the  445.181.25 ,  i have the icom 9700 ,,,and  only a few days after it  was new the stock hand mic stopped working,,,we never thought  it was the mic at first,,,,so a few guys had me do a total reset, well needless to say after that I discovered it  wiped out the factory  installed D STAR  repeater guide, so IM guesing that has some thing to do with why I CAN only be heard locally thru the  146.610 repeater,,,im about to have total hip replacement surgery very soon,,,,after that  I WILL  try to do a down load  of  the  DSTAR  repeater guide back into the icom 9700///

during your net it was discovered  im not getting thru the gateway to be  heard across the system,,,,talking with some  run running the net he gave me some  info on how to program back into my  rig  K3PDR SPACE SPACE G ..... for the 2 meter  repeater,  I THINK  I HAVE IT  CORRECT  but  just checking to see if  there is any thign  else ???? I  havent  tried to make a contact yet,,,,

what would  I  NEED to put in the rig for the 445.181.25 portion to get thru the gate way ???  any help would be  great,frustrating hering and  not being  heard,,,,I couldnt  find this info on the K3PDR WEB SITE

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

Mark Hinkel

Sorry, missed adding the link...
http://www.dstarinfo.com/dstar-web-calculator.aspx

On Monday, March 29, 2021 Mark Hinkel via groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> wrote:

Mark WA3QVU

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

Stanley Hess

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 9:49 AM Mark Hinkel via groups.io <mrhinkel=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Mark WA3QVU

From: Ron NY3J via groups.io <rwenig=verizon.net@groups.io>

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

fstfish66@aol.com

mark,,,ok thank you, I think  i have it  programmed in the rig correctly,,,wait to see if  im heard, thank you, don KC3IGJ

Sent: Mon, Mar 29, 2021 9:48 am

Mark WA3QVU

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

fstfish66@aol.com

hello,, ok  i have entered every thing  into my  9700 icom,  trying to check in tonight monday,  im not  being  heard,,,,on the 146.610,,,,,frustrating

Sent: Mon, Mar 29, 2021 9:39 am

Mark WA3QVU

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

Jim Fisher AJ3DI

You were last heard a week ago. Program the 2 meter repeater and try that one too.
Try all week, not just on net night. Net night, start early..like 7:30pm. But during the week folks are listening too.

Unique Stations Heard In The Last 14 Days on K3PDR
Callsign Time Heard Reporting Node
KF2M 04/13/21 14:19:32 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters DVD
K2PMG 04/13/21 14:16:26 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
N3FCX 04/13/21 11:20:14 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
WA3QVU 04/13/21 00:27:56 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
AJ3DI 04/13/21 00:11:10 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
K2RSJ 04/12/21 23:54:57 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
W3AOK 04/12/21 23:45:10 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
NC3U 04/12/21 23:37:12 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
K9WK 04/12/21 20:29:00 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
N3VPD 04/12/21 00:21:20 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters
KF3EC 04/11/21 02:56:49 UTC K3PDR B 440 MHz
KD2UBZ 04/09/21 23:02:19 UTC K3PDR B 440 MHz
N3DWZ 04/09/21 16:52:01 UTC K3PDR B 440 MHz
KC3PER 04/08/21 22:44:47 UTC AA3E B 440 MHz
KC3IGJ 04/06/21 03:59:39 UTC K3PDR B 440 MHz
KM4KLB 04/05/21 00:13:48 UTC K3PDR C 2 Meters

ESPECIALLY around 4:30 mark....you want 'use reflector' it seems.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:25 PM fstfish66 via groups.io <fstfish66=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
hello,, ok  i have entered every thing  into my  9700 icom,  trying to check in tonight monday,  im not  being  heard,,,,on the 146.610,,,,,frustrating

From: Mark Hinkel via groups.io <mrhinkel=verizon.net@groups.io>

Mark WA3QVU

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
  --  Jedi Master Yoda

fstfish66@aol.com

Yes I did see that I was heard a week ago and I have programs both repeaters I tried last night on the 2-meter repeater during the net and I tried several times talking to someone else locally on the 2 m repeater after the net had closed so I don't know what's going on but I'll keep trying thank you

On Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 10:52:02 AM EDT, Jim Fisher AJ3DI <jedijf@...> wrote:

You were last heard a week ago. Program the 2 meter repeater and try that one too.
Try all week, not just on net night. Net night, start early..like 7:30pm. But during the week folks are listening too.

Unique Stations Heard In The Last 14 Days on K3PDR
CallsignTime HeardReporting Node
KF2M04/13/21 14:19:32 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters DVD
K2PMG04/13/21 14:16:26 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
N3FCX04/13/21 11:20:14 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
WA3QVU04/13/21 00:27:56 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
AJ3DI04/13/21 00:11:10 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
K2RSJ04/12/21 23:54:57 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
W3AOK04/12/21 23:45:10 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
NC3U04/12/21 23:37:12 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
K9WK04/12/21 20:29:00 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
N3VPD04/12/21 00:21:20 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters
KF3EC04/11/21 02:56:49 UTCK3PDR B 440 MHz
KD2UBZ04/09/21 23:02:19 UTCK3PDR B 440 MHz
N3DWZ04/09/21 16:52:01 UTCK3PDR B 440 MHz
KC3PER04/08/21 22:44:47 UTCAA3E B 440 MHz
KC3IGJ04/06/21 03:59:39 UTCK3PDR B 440 MHz
KM4KLB04/05/21 00:13:48 UTCK3PDR C 2 Meters

ESPECIALLY around 4:30 mark....you want 'use reflector' it seems.

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 8:25 PM fstfish66 via groups.io <fstfish66=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

From: Mark Hinkel via groups.io <mrhinkel=verizon.net@groups.io>

Mark WA3QVU

73, Ron NY3J

Hi Patrick,

73, Ron NY3J

--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
  --  Jedi Master Yoda