Kathy Stafford AB2LF - SK

Mark Hinkel

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
To: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
Sent: Wed, Nov 4, 2020 10:38 pm
Subject: Kathy Stafford AB2LF - SK

Many of us who volunteer for the MS-150 "City to Shore" bike ride every September remember Kathy well.  She handled registration for the volunteer ham radio operators.  I've known she was not well for the past coupe of months -- had a blockage / blood clot in her leg and the doctors had her bed bound for months while trying to dissolve the clot.  My wife and I, plus Adam (K3JCP) went to the Mullica Hill Hamfest in mid-September and visited Kathy on the way home that afternoon.  Her Facebook page says she also had cancer and kidney failure.  That I did not know...

Her father, Rev Ed Cook, passed away about 2 or 3 years ago in his 90's.  I believe I'm remembering the father fought in WW-2 and went to college on the GI bill.  Then taught at a high school in California before he went to seminary school.  Does anyone else remember the story??

Kathy's obituary lists a viewing held on Friday evening and the funeral is on Saturday -- both at St Luke's Episcopal Church in Woodstown, NJ 08098.  This is the location where we packed many, many MS-150 packets for all the volunteers.

https://www.echovita.com/us/obituaries/nj/glassboro/marie-kathleen-stafford-11692828

Mark  WA3QVU

>> Cut and paste <<
Marie Kathleen Stafford Obituary
Here is Marie Kathleen Stafford’s obituary. Please accept Echovita’s sincere condolences.
With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Marie Kathleen Stafford of Glassboro, New Jersey, born in Mount Royal, New Jersey, who passed away on November 2, 2020. Leave a sympathy message to the family on the memorial page of Marie Kathleen Stafford to pay them a last tribute. You may also light a candle in honor of Marie Kathleen Stafford.
She was predeceased by her husband Russell Stafford. She is survived by her uncle Chuck; her aunt Trudy Tucker; and her pets, Gracie and Maggie.

Visitation will be held on Friday, November 6th 2020 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Adams Funeral Home (64 Broad St, Woodstown, NJ 08098). A funeral service will be held on Saturday, November 7th 2020 at 11:00 AM at the St. Luke's Episcopal Church (37 E Grant St, Woodstown, NJ 08098). Guidelines regarding masks and social distancing will apply.
In Lieu of Flowers, memorial gifts may be made to "St. Luke's Episcopal Church", Woodstown NJ.