13 Colonies Special Event Digital Voice Ops WM3PEN


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

The Club (PDRA) has once again taken the lead for the Digital Voice
portion of the BONUS STATION, WM3PEN, for the 13 Colonies Special
Event.
http://www.13colonies.us/

We will being 3 modes:

D-Star 7-8m local Ref 63 A(lpha)

Fusion WiresX 8-9pm local Room 28173

DMR 8-9pm local Brandmeister Talk Group 314208 timeslot 1

Signup for the mode(s) and timeslot(s) that you wish to work here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tr16K-EFZcMeY5vCuru2VnMn98K-UONSLOAyv5zNHu8/edit?usp=sharing

Digital voice Operators Guide is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hsKgmhzp0epztvJV0O9cTNyNY-T_VRyjIhAcPFHA0Hg/edit?usp=sharing

Any questions?
Reply in this thread.

--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


W3AZT
 

Mr. Jedi .. James,.. I'm interested in working the DMR this evening between 8 and 9 pm. My question is how or what program are we supposed to use in order to log the contact? ADIF format is required. Also when I go to TX my call sign W3AZT will be showing up on everyone's radio so what's the procedure to resolve this? 73


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

Steve.

All rhe info is in the thread.

Signup dor the slot.

There us a logging spreadsheet. Digital is different.

Download it. Save it with ur call in name then you can edit.

The exchange is
First year on mode
State
First name.

There is also a basic guide in the thread and on the schedule.

Digital voice is very lowkey!!


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

Phone typing is horrible....

The log spreadsheet link is in the guide....


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

Call WM3PEN
There is no dmr id for bonus call.,you can add Operator azt....but they will see that.


W3AZT
 

Jedi Jim,.. OK yes I've found the Log Sheet,.. apparently my one laptop computer didn't show anything when I went to click onto the Log Sheet, however my better laptop showed the Sheet, so OK .. Were looking good for this evening on DMR. I'm in the schedule, DMR radio is hooked up to the correct TG etc., Lots of info to be filled out far as the logging sheet, I was hoping to use the N3FJP software to keep the contacts moving fast. I'll do my best.  


W3AZT
 

3:45 pm,.. Jim How do I download this logging spread sheet? Looking but can't find. 


W3AZT
 

OK I figured out the logging sheet Jim,.. all set,.. good thing I have Microsoft Excel,.. downloaded and learning as usual,.. Thanks for all you do,.. certainly make things simple,.. LOL, later. 


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

here it is - rename with your call in front...not that much info

time
call
first year
state
pa

On 7/6/21, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
3:45 pm,.. Jim How do I download this logging spread sheet? Looking but
can't find.





--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

Well, since you mentioned it.....for folks that don't have MS EXCEL
there is *always* LibreOffice.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

Actually what I use, just save in MS format(s) for you other folks!

On 7/6/21, Jim Fisher AJ3DI via groups.io <jedijf=myfisher.org@groups.io> wrote:
here it is - rename with your call in front...not that much info

time
call
first year
state
pa


On 7/6/21, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
3:45 pm,.. Jim How do I download this logging spread sheet? Looking but
can't find.






--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda





--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


W3AZT
 

Final question .. How do I convert the finalized "contacts-spread sheet" into an ADIF format? Or shall I just send the spread sheet to you afterwards?


Steve K3FZT
 

Steve— the instructions say send the spreadsheet to wm3pen@... Which is what I did with the Fusion/WIRES-X contacts I made.

73 de K3FZT / Steve 

On Jul 6, 2021, at 16:36, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow@...> wrote:

Final question .. How do I convert the finalized "contacts-spread sheet" into an ADIF format? Or shall I just send the spread sheet to you afterwards?


wa3pzo
 

Digital Voice contacts are not counted in LOTW so I just keep them separate. 

Bob


On Jul 6, 2021 at 5:41 PM, Steve K3FZT <davidson@...> wrote:

Steve— the instructions say send the spreadsheet to wm3pen@... Which is what I did with the Fusion/WIRES-X contacts I made.

73 de K3FZT / Steve 

On Jul 6, 2021, at 16:36, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow@...> wrote:

Final question .. How do I convert the finalized "contacts-spread sheet" into an ADIF format? Or shall I just send the spread sheet to you afterwards?


W3AZT
 

OK Steve,Thanks buddy! 


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

For giggles here is an adi file you can use as a template....import
into your logging software - delete my calls - add your own - see if
it works....

On 7/6/21, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK Steve,Thanks buddy!





--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

ok, first adi didn't have YEAR

try Version 2.0

On 7/6/21, Jim Fisher <jedijf@myfisher.org> wrote:
For giggles here is an adi file you can use as a template....import
into your logging software - delete my calls - add your own - see if
it works....

On 7/6/21, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
OK Steve,Thanks buddy!






--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda
--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


W3AZT
 

Bob said Don't worry about it Jim, digi voice doesn't count towards LOTW. 


Jim Fisher AJ3DI
 

Steve I know....but...no worries. I wrote the guide. LOL.

I like doing stuff.

On 7/6/21, W3AZT via groups.io <stevemillernow=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bob said Don't worry about it Jim, digi voice doesn't count towards LOTW.





--
jim fisher
Jedijf
AJ3DI
www.aj3di.com
HamshackHotline ext: 14423
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'"
-- Jedi Master Yoda


W3AZT
 

I see that,... Ok, I'm more then ready so let me get going here,.. 73 and have fun!


John Coupe
 

All,

Please be advised internet is down at Mermaid Lane site due to a Comcast problem and will not return until tomorrow morning. We have been at the site all day and on the phone with Comcast.

For those of you working the 13 colony event this evening, alternate access for digital modes will be needed. I am scheduled for DStar tonight and will try to go in using an alternate portal.

Jack
WA3BXH



Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device