Fw: PWA-Technet: Fusion net discussion

Mark Hinkel

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "'Mark Hinkel' via PWA-Technet" <pwa-technet@...>
To: "pwa-technet@..." <pwa-technet@...>
Sent: Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: PWA-Technet: Fusion net discussion
This is a challenging subject Glen (KC3INP - PWA net manager).  Several of us have the Fusion radios and PWA has both the Fusion repeater (448.225) and the Wires-x box located in Roslyn.  This equipment is up and running 24/7 but is so lightly used the club might do better by promoting some other type service at the 440 machine. Maybe - but let's try a Fusion net one more time.

A couple of us have come up with the idea of running a Fusion net on Sunday nights but we're unsure what time??  Then Howard (N3FEL) stepped forward and said "how 'bout only once per month" on the first Sunday of the month.  I think we're ready to give it a trial run this Sunday (Dec 5th) at 8pm.  This will be on the W3SK 440 Fusion repeater and we will be operating in digital or DN mode because the Wires-x box is set to digital only. The line above the DN means your radio is in AMS - please select the DN without the line so your radio is not automatically switching back to FM. Remember, Wires-x is digital.

Anyone out there with a Wires-x box (HRI-200) is welcome to join -- our Yaesu room #21349.  I will have the K3PDR repeater/ Wires-x linked in (447.475) and also try to link in the Phil-Mont repeater (444.800). We'll see how well this works.

There is a Western Penna Fusion group that goes by the name of Keystone West -- now called Keystone Wide because they have a couple of repeaters connecting in from Eastern Penna.  Yaesu room #60328.  Problem is, they run their net at the same time as PWA -- both at 8pm Sunday nights.  We will eventually connect there on Sunday night, but lets try our own group first.  https://www.w3pie.org/index.php/wires-x-keystone-wide/

I will run the regular 2m net at 8 o'clock.  (146.79 Pl 131.8). With a limited number of check-ins, the 2m net will probably run only a half hour.

Mark WA3QVU