Mullica Hill Wrap-up and Red Rose Hamfest Oct 2nd

Mark Hinkel

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
To: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
Sent: Thu, Sep 16, 2021 9:52 pm
Subject: Mullica Hill Wrap-up and Red Rose Hamfest Oct 2nd

We attended the Gloucester County ARC Hamfest in Mullica Hill and had a freebie / donation table setup in recognition of several local hams who have died from Lou Gehrig's disease. Allan (W3AEH), Denise (KB3ANO) and Dave (WI3Y). All money in the coffee can at end of day goes to the ALS Foundation.
We collected $175... thank you all..!!

Hurricane Ida had quite a few surprises for us here in the Philly area including several tornadoes, one here in Ft Washington, but the worst of which hit the Mullica Hill area.  The Gloucester County ARC lost 2 of the big towers at the ham station next the 4H Fair Grounds where the hamfest is held each year.  The club started a Go Fund Me page and has almost hit the 10,000 dollar goal.  Attachment is my pic showing the one tower folded in half.
http://www.w2mmd.org/

Go Fund Me page;
https://www.gofundme.com/f/rebuild-club-station-w2mmd?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer

The next hamfest in the Southeast Pa area is Red Rose Repeater Association held on Saturday October 2nd at the Garden Spot Fire and Rescue Station, New Holland, Pa. Vendors at 7am and general public at 8am.

See Google maps for location;

I understand there will be no Sellersville Hamfest this year - RF Hill will move to a new venue for 2022.  However Paul (N3TMX) and I will pickup the PWA "Swap Net on Zoom" probably the last week of October -- so get your skeletons ready.  We don't have details worked out just yet, but we may alternate months with the PWA general meetings held on the 4th Monday of the month.  ie: PWA meetings in September, November, January, etc. (always on a Monday)  Swap Net held the 4 week (Monday or Tuesday) in October, December (after x-mas), February, etc.  This is tentative...  but working the Swap Net twice a month was just too much.

Mark  WA3QVU