Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm

Mark Hinkel

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
To: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
Sent: Tue, Mar 16, 2021 12:06 am
Subject: Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm

To all Hams in the Delaware Valley,

The Zoom meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30 pm on the First and Third Tuesday evenings of the month.  See link at the bottom of this email.

I am inviting hams from PWA, Warminster ARC, Packrats, Philadelphia Digital Radio, Phil-Mont, DVRA, Marc, Marple-Newtown, Reading RC and maybe a few more.  Dave (N2VUZ) is helping with the current estate and Charles (KS3Z) may have another estate for us to look at as well. Dave has some items up in Telford and I have some here in Willow Grove.

We have sold several items from the estate including hookup wire, several analog meters, another Stancore isolation transformer, the Heathkit branded small tool kits, the GR variacs, etc.  We are looking for a Heathkit collector to take away the scope, sig generator, scope calibrator, analog VOM, and maybe another Heathkit item.  Pics are up on the For Sale page.

Look on the PWA "For Sale" page;

I ask everyone to take a full sheet of paper - 8-1/2 x 11 - and write your first name, call sign and either your email address or a phone number.  Please show it to us, when you display your equipment.  This will allow interested parties to contact you off the Zoom meeting.

I will go over the rules we have used for the PWA "on the air" Swap Net.
1;  No more than 3 items per person / per night.  There's always next week to bring up 3 more.
1a; Estates may show up to 6 items per night.
2;  No up front costs.  If your item does sell ??  then the seller will make a donation to the club.
3;  As per Fcc rules, no haggling price over the air.  Mention the asking price and haggle on the phone.
4;  Make up a quickie email listing your items for that week.  Nothing long and drawn out.  Just the 3 items and be prepared to send it to anyone who asks...  not only people on the PWA email list.
5;  No number 5, four is enough.

Our objective is to offer a virtual place to sell items including estate radios, test equipment, radio parts and tools to local radio operators and builders in the tri-state area -- and not place items up on eBay, QTH, QRZ or other online auction houses where we need to pack and ship across country.  Sell local and make arrangements off the Zoom for local pickup.  We do not offer any warranty or guarantees of items sold other than "hey it's working" or "no it's not working".  Buyer beware and please don't shoot the messenger.  We are only here to offer an alternative to Hamfests until we get beyond the current virus.  We now see the Sussex Hamfest in Delaware is cancelled as well as Warminster and Sellersville.  Still in the planning stages are Mullica Hill (Sept) and Kimberton (July).

Mark  WA3QVU

Thank you to Steve (KB3ORG - PWA President) for allowing us to use his paid Zoom account so we don't run up against the 40 minute time-out.

Topic: Philly Swap Net on Zoom
Time: March 16th, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 992 7762 3559
Passcode: 011921

You do not need to wait for the admin to let you in, but your mic is automatically muted.  Only people from the United States are allowed in...  All else is blocked.