Re: Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm

Mark Hinkel

Anyone interested in the W3AEH estate can look at the Excel file or see some of the items here;
https://pennwireless.org/adverts/

Mark  WA3QVU

-----Original Message-----
To: k3pdr@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Jan 3, 2021 11:28 am
Subject: Re: [k3pdr] Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.  Understand completely on the shipping.  Those costs have skyrocketed.  Maybe I’ll join just to see what you have.

Rick – w2rmt

From: k3pdr@groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Hinkel via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2021 11:13 AM

>>  Question was asked about out of state shipping <<

Well yes and no... 
Our idea is to limit shipping costs and packing.

To answer your question;  I will ship out out of state but you will have to pay the costs.  I have a full time job and maybe I can't get things packed up right away.

Many of my items come from estates...  Yes, Paul and I have handled quite a few over the years.  We now have Dave (N2VUZ) and Charles (KS3Z) from the RF Hill club, also with estates.  As I'll explain on the Zoom, we are not looking to sell-off expensive radios and equipment.  Just estate items and similar equipment to make a few bucks for the local clubs is Bucks and Montgomery Counties.  (namely Penn Wireless and RF Hill)

Allan (W3AEH-SK) is the most recent; 
He died of Lou Gehrig's disease.  His widow Sarah wishes for the proceeds to be donated to the ALS Foundation.  Less the typical 10 percent to the radio clubs. 

Just something to keep in mind.

Mark  WA3QVU
Home 215-659-4449
Cell 215-514-0718

PS:
I do not know if Zoom will allow us to do this on the "Freebee" account??  People and companies who sell on Zoom maybe required to purchase Zoom. 

Sent: Sun, Jan 3, 2021 10:26 am
Hi Mark,
Is this limited to folks in the Delaware Valley area?  I’m from Western New York.  😊

Rick – w2rmt

From: k3pdr@groups.io <k3pdr@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Hinkel via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2021 9:05 AM
Subject: [k3pdr] Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm

To: Mark Hinkel <mrhinkel@...>
Sent: Sun, Jan 3, 2021 8:55 am
Subject: Philly Swap Net on Zoom - Tuesday at 7:30 pm
To all Hams in the Delaware Valley,

Paul (N3TMX) and I are now moving our "on the air" Swap Net over to Zoom.  I have obtained a no cost Zoom account limited to 40 minutes.  The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30 pm on the First and Third Tuesday evenings of the month.  We have room for up to 100 participants - I am inviting hams from PWA, Warminster ARC, Packrats, Philadelphia Digital Radio, Phil-Mont, DVRA, Marc, Marple-Newtown, Reading RC and maybe a few more.  Dave (N2VUZ) is helping with the current estate and Charles (KS3Z) may have another estate for us to look at as well.

I ask everyone to take a full sheet of paper - 8-1/8 x 11 - and write your first name, call sign and either your email address or a phone number.  Please show it to us, when you display your equipment.  This will allow interested parties to contact you off the Zoom meeting.  Please remember we only have about an hour on the Freebee Zoom account.

I will go over the rules we have used for the PWA "on the air" Swap Net. 
1;  No more than 3 items per person / per night.  There's always next week to bring up 3 more.
1a; Estates may show up to 6 items per night.
2;  No up front costs.  If your item does sell ??  then the seller will make a donation to the club. 
3;  As per Fcc rules, no haggling price over the air.  Mention the asking price and haggle on the phone.
4;  Make up a quickie email listing your items for that week.  Nothing long and drawn out.  Just the 3 items and be prepared to send it to anyone who asks...  not only people on the PWA email list.
5;  No number 5, four is enough.

Mark  WA3QVU

You are invited to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Philly Swap Net on Zoom
Time: Jan 5, 2021 07:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us05web.zoom.us/j/2252227607?pwd=TElVYzdRdjRqakJzTUNZNnh3S2Q3UT09

Meeting ID: 225 222 7607
Passcode: Jan52021

You do not need to wait for the admin to let you in, but your mic is automatically muted.  Only people from the United States are allowed in...  All else is blocked. 

Join k3pdr@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.