From: "Robert Osness" <robertosness@...>
To: <k1elsystems@groups.io>
Subject: [k1elsystems] Control Characters in CW Messaging #wkusb-hv
Date: Mon, Jul 22, 2019 2:59 PM

I am using a WinKeyer USB v.20 with the N2FJP software ARRL Nov. Sweepstakes program.  Several years ago I was able to set up text strings using special control characters to speed up transmission of my callsign, or fine tune the length of some spaces in a pre-programmed message.  Can anyone tell me where to find a list of these control characters?

Robert Osness

Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info. I'll check it out right away.
73,
Bob, AE7EE

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019, 1:03 PM W0YR-Mike Lonneke via Groups.Io <w4aaw=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
N1MMj Logger is free.  It has all of this built in.  The vast majority of contesters use N1MM+ Logger.

Just a friendly suggestion.

73 Mike W4AAW

I am using a WinKeyer USB v.20 with the N2FJP software ARRL Nov. Sweepstakes program.  Several years ago I was able to set up text strings using special control characters to speed up transmission of my callsign, or fine tune the length of some spaces in a pre-programmed message.  Can anyone tell me where to find a list of these control characters?

Gilbert Baron

Have fun. N1MM has a steep learning curve but it is worth the effort.

Outlook Laptop Gil W0MN

Hierro Candente Batir de Repente

44.08226N 92.51265 W en34rb

From: "Robert Osness" <robertosness@...>
To: <k1elsystems@groups.io>
Date: Mon, Jul 22, 2019 2:59 PM

I am using a WinKeyer USB v.20 with the N2FJP software ARRL Nov. Sweepstakes program.  Several years ago I was able to set up text strings using special control characters to speed up transmission of my callsign, or fine tune the length of some spaces in a pre-programmed message.  Can anyone tell me where to find a list of these control characters?

Gilbert Baron

It is EASY to use. That is why it is so popular. It makes contest logging almost automatic.  Configuration of radio control takes some (a lot actually)  of study. On the other hand it is well documented. Read the documentation and you will get it running.