Unable to install the USB driver for my newly built #WKUSB-HV keyer kit #wkusb-hv

jameslindsay9908

Made the mistake of connecting the keyer to the USB port on my
notebook pc running winxp before installing the USB driver. OOPS!!!
Have not been able to install a driver since then. Is there any way to fix this problem?

I have another Problem; When using the keyer in the standalone mode
it does not recognize any of the standalone commands. For example, if I
hold the command button down long enough to hear the R response and enter the command A in order to turn of the side tone it does not
turn it off. It does not recognize other commands, e.g., changing sidetone frequency etc.

The keyer does recognize the paddle and will allow me to send cw
with speed adjustable with the speed pot; It also will key my
Elecraft K3 using the keyout line1.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Lindsay,
W7zq.

Steve K1EL

Jim, See inserts>>>
Steve
K1EL

--- In k1el_keyers@..., "jameslindsay9908" <jameslindsay9908@...> wrote:

Made the mistake of connecting the keyer to the USB port on my
notebook pc running winxp before installing the USB driver. OOPS!!!
Have not been able to install a driver since then. Is there any way to fix this problem?
It may not be a problem, when you plug WKUSB in do you see the SUB com port listed in the device list ? (the procedure to do this is outlined in the QuickStart Guide) If you don't see it you can use the setup.exe USB driver which does not use the new hardware wizard.
That driver is on the CDROM or you can get it here:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe

I have another Problem; When using the keyer in the standalone mode
it does not recognize any of the standalone commands. For example, if I
hold the command button down long enough to hear the R response and enter the command A in order to turn of the side tone it does not
turn it off. It does not recognize other commands, e.g., changing sidetone frequency etc.
This has to be operator error, try the paddle swap command X, which is an easy one to test. The command procedure is to press and hold the command pushbutton until you get the R, then release the pushbutton and enter an X on the paddles. Now the paddles will be swapped.