Topics

The Jynstruments functionality is broken in the JMRI 4.20 version - error messages generated #throttle

steambigboy@...

The Jynstruments functionality is broken in the JMRI 4.20 version  - tested with W10, W7, RPi OS. Working fine with versions 4.18; 4.16 etc.

I got this error messages:
2020-12-02 18:21:51,208 jython.JynstrumentFactory             ERROR - Invalid instrument [AWT-EventQueue-0]
2020-12-02 18:21:51,208 throttle.ThrottleWindow               ERROR - Error while creating Jynstrument /C:/Program Files (x86)/JMRI/jython/Jynstruments/Test.jyn/ [AWT-EventQueue-0]
2020-12-02 18:22:23,626 jython.JynstrumentFactory             ERROR - Invalid instrument [AWT-EventQueue-0]
2020-12-02 18:22:23,626 throttle.ThrottleWindow               ERROR - Error while creating Jynstrument /C:/Program Files (x86)/JMRI/jython/Jynstruments/ThrottleWindowToolBar/DCCThrottle.jyn/ [AWT-EventQueue-0]

Any idea what has been modified ?

Thanks for your support

Lionel Jeanson

Hi;

I was able to reproduce and will push a fix. Not sure why it appeared now.

Meanwhile, you can drop the actual .py file that is in the .jyn folder, it should work.

Regards;
Lionel

steambigboy@...

Lionel,

yes. it works fine as described above, thanks for this good news.

I have a question. I would like to launch e.g.the DCCThrottle.jyn script automatically during the PanelPro startup. What would be good approach or method to replicate the current scenario "drag and drop" of the jython folder (e.g.DCCThrottle.jyn) into the throttle window . I know how to launch the script in the startup menu but I would like to understand how to replicate the" drag and drop" event which triggers the DCCThrottle.jyn script. I'm using Faceless setup so the "drag and drop" is not an option.

Thanks for your support

Lionel Jeanson

Hello;

you should be able to "Save as default throttle layout...", the saved file will include the instantiated Jynstruments, and then add a startup action "Load default throttle layout" that should also restore the Jynstrument.

I don't remember, but I think you can also do it with a specific "Throttle layout" file, without using the default one.

Regards;
Lionel

steambigboy@...

Lionel,

it works with your help as desired.

Thank You

steambigboy@...

just checking if the fix was applied to 4.21.3 version ?
I still see the error message above or do I need to make some adjustments after new update of 4.21.3 ?

steambigboy@...

it looks like the issue still persists in the 4.21.4 version:

throttle.ThrottleWindow               ERROR - Error while creating Jynstrument /C:/Program Files (x86)/JMRI/jython/Jynstruments/ThrottleWindowToolBar/DCCThrottle.jyn/ [AWT-EventQueue-0]

Lionel Jeanson

Hi;

works fine here, from head of source code, of from 4.21.4 release file. But I'm using Linux. Will try on a Windows virtual machine.

Regards,
Lionel

Lionel Jeanson

ok got it this time, some code was pushed to fix this.