Topics

RailCom on Panel Pro

Iron Planet Hobbies

How do I get the second Loco number to show up on the panel or in the Reporter Log. 827 & 826 are both in LR41 but only 827 is reported.
Using RailCom not Digitrax Transponding.
Reporting is via LocoNet.
Channel 1 and 2 are enabled on the ESU decoders.

Thanks for your help!

Dennis Cherry

Not all equipment can do this feature.  I do not think JMRI is set up for this.  You have to go to ESU, Lenz Zimo? or others.

I do have a 16 block detector board that accepts Railcom an works with JMRI, but not the 2 engine number feature. ESU might work and I have one and also Lenz. Will try this feature in JMRI.

The decoders have to be compatible with the Railcom standard and not modified by the manufacture.

Dennis Cherry

Created on my Desktop PC.

Iron Planet Hobbies

Dennis,

Thanks for the reply.  I have both the ESU decoder and the Digikeijs DR5088RC both setup to work on both Channel 1 and 2.

RailCom works perfect with just the one loco in the block.  It's the second loco that never shows up.

However, by activating Channel 2 it is supposed to be able to display up to 4 loco addresses.

You could be right and maybe JMRI can do this yet?

Maybe someone can verify if this feature is active or not?

Thanks For Your Help!

Ryan Matthews

Klaus Killinger

Ryan,

I do not know the DR5088RC device. But I think DR5088RC should send appropriate LocoNet messages.

One question, if I may. Have you used PanelPro -> LocoNet -> Monitor LocoNet -> Show raw data to watch those messages for both locos in LR41? If there is only one message, JMRI cannot report more.

My RailCom device sends Digitrax transponding messages. Unfortunately it doesn't support channel 2. However, I think in most cases channel 1 is sufficient (for me).

Klaus

Am 14.06.2018 um 00:09 schrieb Iron Planet Hobbies:

Dennis,
Thanks for the reply.  I have both the ESU decoder and the Digikeijs DR5088RC both setup to work on both Channel 1 and 2.
RailCom works perfect with just the one loco in the block.  It's the second loco that never shows up.
However, by activating Channel 2 it is supposed to be able to display up to 4 loco addresses.
You could be right and maybe JMRI can do this yet?
Maybe someone can verify if this feature is active or not?
Thanks For Your Help!
Ryan Matthews

Iron Planet Hobbies

Klaus

I checked the LocoNet monitor and the second loco never shows up in the block as long as the first one in is still there.  I will recheck the board settings.  There are several options in there for the reporting.  I'll post a progress report after testing.

Thanks Again,

Ryan

Klaus Killinger

Ryan,

Yes, please recheck the board settings.

You mentioned you're using ESU decoders. Please also check the channel 2 settings of the decoder. CV28.Bit7 should be ON, see https://www.opendcc.de/info/railcom/railcom_decoder_overview.html (the site is in German only, but you may find and check your decoder type and the firmware version - this website shows, that not all decoders have implemented channel 2 correctly).

Klaus