Topics

Change Background Color and Remove SS #throttle

Jim B

Version 4.20 - macOS
Trying to change 2 items in a Throttle Window.
1) Change background color
2) Remove the 128 SS - 28 SS - 14 SS and 28SS (Motorola). drop down boxes.
    I have seen pictures where users changed many of the colors including each individual pane. Searhed forum and jmri, but unable to find solution.
--
Jim.....

Lionel Jeanson

Hello;

1) you can't really change the background color of a JMRI Throttle window, but what you can do is update your roster so that an image is defined for this particular locomotive, it will be used as background image when setting the throttle to its roster entry.

Read the documentation there : https://www.jmri.org/help/en/html/tools/throttle/HowToJMRIOrientedThrottle.shtml

2) the speed setting dropbox was added quite recently, and is not hideable, may come in the future (I'm looking at the code right now).

Regards,
Lionel

Jim B

Thank you for your reply and I am aware of adding a background image. I guess tweaking its size would cover the Gray areas that the image doesn't fill. Will work on that and see.
While on the subject of Throttle Window............
I could me mistaken or thinking of something else, but wasn't there and option to display speed as a percent or as numbers next to the slider or above it at? I know you can right click and change to a number but I thought the layout was different in past versions. As it is now you have no idea what your speed setting is.
--
Jim.....

If you have any kind of imaging software you can create an image of nothing but your desired background color, make that the roster entry, and stretch it around until it fits.
--
Mike Heintzman
Modeling the P&PU since 1953

Lionel Jeanson

Yes, if using the throttle mode where Images and nice icons are diplayed instead of basic Swing components, the throttle slider is then a large colored  bar that can seen from far away, whereas in the other mode, it's a basic slider,  with percentage text.