Re: Wires-X Node on the air

Richard Arnold

One other note about my Wires-X node that I forgot to mention is that it will be taken off the air when lightning is in the area or if storms with the potential for heavy lightning are forecast for the day when the station will be unattended.
Today is a case in point, due to the forecasted storms, I have taken it off the air while I will be at work.
It will be back on the air when I return home at 4:00PM.

KB4RMA.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 5:32 PM Richard Arnold KB4RMA <kb4rma@...> wrote:
Well other than the "Clock Tick" everything seems to be working well.
Developed a noise problem but tracked that down (I think) and left it on the air all night last night and all day today with no problems so I believe it will now stay on 24/7 and connected to the America Link.

Use it if you can get to it.

KB4RMA

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:10 AM Richard Arnold <kb4rma@...> wrote:
I have a Wires-X node up and running from the house. The antenna is approximately 40' in the air (highest one I have).

As you can see from the picture, the frequency is 146.430 and I am running it analog so anyone that wants to can listen to it and try to use it.

It is on the America-Link and will be on the air any time I am home until I think I have all of the bugs worked out and gain more confidence in operation.

My hope is to have it running 24/7 as soon as I am comfortable with it.

Note; there is a noticeable but not intrusive "Clock Tick" when it is receiving form the link.
From what I have been told and can find out, this is a known problem that Yaesu has yet to address or correct.

Give it a try, if you can hear it you may be able to talk back to it.
Let me know if you use it and what you think.

73,

KB4RMA

20190714_105659.jpg

--