July Regular Club Meeting Minutes

Richard Arnold

Jackson County Amateur Radio Club Meeting Minutes, 7/3/19

Brad Arnold, K4NHA called the meeting to order.

Richard Arnold, KB4RMA gave the Treasurer’s report for June

Income:

Dues - $24.00

Donations - $20.00
Expenditures: $92.89 for Give-A-Way Radios

Current balance-$4,061.14

2019 Dues collection is still in progress. Still have 2 members outstanding.

K4NHA made a slide presentation on the Field Day activities and then we watched Paul Smith’s (K4FUZ) video on Field Day setup and activities.

K4NHA distributed shirt orders to members present. All in attendance agreed they look great.

K4NHA then auctioned off Ben Lowe’s 2M loop antenna with proceeds from the auction being donated by Ben to the club general fund. Your’s truly won the short bidding war with a winning bid of $50.00.

KB4RMA then had a short show and tell on the 2M quad antenna that K4FUZ found packed away in the EOC store room.

K4NHA announced that due to the diligence of K4FUZ we may be able to secure a spot on the Farmer’s Telco tower in Section which would allow us to return the 36 repeater to it’s best location. Paul is always looking for ways to aid us in our mission and is a great asset to the club in his position as Deputy EMA Director.

Open floor discussion consisted of Ben Lowe telling of ballon launches and operation in the late 50’s

K4NHA called for a motion to adjourn, a motion was made, seconded and carried.

Members present this month were:

Brad Arnold, K4NHA

Richard Arnold, KB4RMA

Paul Smith, K4FUZ