Field Day 2019

Brad Arnold

Another Field Day is in the books and boy was it fun! We managed at least 217 contacts with one more operator's log to add to that once received. CW, SSB, FT8, and PSK were used among the 4 stations Saturday and 2 stations Sunday. We just missed Worked All States by six with Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Iowa eluding us. Three Canadian Territories and Puerto Rico were also logged.

An Antenna Building Workshop was up and running both days with several members building tape measure yagis and copper cactus j-poles for their VHF/UHF radios. A traveling ham was also assisted in checking his radio's RF output and programming.

Our ARES District Emergency Coordinator, Ray Walker Forrester Sr., visited the site Saturday on his quest to see all District-F Field Day sites this year.

Here's a link to the photo gallery on Facebook (you don't need an account):

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JacksonCountyAmateurRadio/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1095861973939931

Paul Smith K4FUZ, our Deputy EMA Coordinator, made a great video from his drone footage:

Thank you to everyone that came out, had fun, sweated a lot, and made this years Field Day the best yet! I'm already looking forward to next year!

See you at the next meeting, ARES Meeting this Thursday and Club Meeting on July 13th.

73's,

Brad Arnold, K4NHA
President - Jackson County Amateur Radio
Assistant Emergency Coordinator - Jackson County ARES/RACES

IMG_1138.jpeg

Join jcar@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.