Topics

Zoom isn't quite as accessible as I thought

JOHN RIEHL

I was in a zoom call today. Everything worked great; I could read the options as before – until they shared someone’s screen with the participants. At that point, JAWS said I was in a video container and I was taken to a website in Firefox (in a separate tab) to  check on or download software.

All of the previously accessible controls disappeared. They reappeared once the moderator stopped sharing their screen with the rest

of us. Has anyone else had this experience?

If so, how do I fix the problem?

Thanks1

Andy

Actually, I find that the Zoom experience is much easier and more accessible using the iPhone app.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:36 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Zoom isn't quite as accessible as I thought

I was in a zoom call today. Everything worked great; I could read the options as before – until they shared someone’s screen with the participants. At that point, JAWS said I was in a video container and I was taken to a website in Firefox (in a separate tab) to  check on or download software.

All of the previously accessible controls disappeared. They reappeared once the moderator stopped sharing their screen with the rest

Thanks1

Richard Turner

I have not used it with Jaws, but maybe there is a keyboard command to switch back to the main panel?
Later,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 
(Sent from the magical iPhone SE)

On Jul 11, 2019, at 4:36 PM, JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io <REALMAN02@...> wrote:

Thanks1

Mitchell

They have jaws Scripps for it that make it really accessible

I don’t know about the screen sharing feature of it I like it because when you put in a room it says the name of the room such as Jaws topic

On Jul 11, 2019, at 5:31 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

I have not used it with Jaws, but maybe there is a keyboard command to switch back to the main panel?
Later,

Richard

Arthur C. Clarke's third law says: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 

Thanks1

chris judge

Hi. I haven’t used zoom to this extent so haven’t run in to this. Question, do you have the scripts from Brian Hartgen? Also, if you want to seriously learn the entire zoom platform, you might want to consider making a small investment and purchasing Jonathan Mosens book, Meet me in the cloud. It’s brilliant, as is all his material and will guide you through every aspect of using zoom.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: July 11, 2019 8:37 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Thanks1

Van Lant, Robin

Mystic Access has a free download of a session on how to attend meetings with Zoom.   To my knowledge, all three of the hosts for Mystic Access are totally blind, so maybe they do not share their screen, but it’s worth checking out the free session to be sure you get any tips.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:37 PM

Thanks1

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Justin Williams

You can look up the hot keys on line.  f6 goes from panel to panel.

it is pretty accessible.  the actual website is not as accessible, I've been told.

But, the app is good.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mitchell via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Zoom isn't quite as accessible as I thought

I don’t know about the screen sharing feature of it I like it because when you put in a room it says the name of the room such as Jaws topic

Later,

Richard

Thanks1

Judy Jones

I like the Android app.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 7:18 AM

You can look up the hot keys on line.  f6 goes from panel to panel.

it is pretty accessible.  the actual website is not as accessible, I've been told.

But, the app is good.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mitchell via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:45 PM

Later,

Richard

Thanks1

JOHN RIEHL

I sure as Heck couldn’t find it on the  mystic access website.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 9:13 AM

Mystic Access has a free download of a session on how to attend meetings with Zoom.   To my knowledge, all three of the hosts for Mystic Access are totally blind, so maybe they do not share their screen, but it’s worth checking out the free session to be sure you get any tips.

Sent: Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:37 PM

Thanks1

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.