Topics

wlm message list

Lenny McHugh

I am using the wlm 2012 on this win 10 machine. I do not like the way that messages are presented. It only shows the subject and if there is a reply to the message the name of the replier is listed under. If I delete the first message all subsequent replies are also deleted. I have been  looking for settings to change and do not see anything that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

---
Please visit my web page
It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor
There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com
International Brotherhood of Magicians member #4399

Kevin

Not sure if this is what you want:

to change the view of your message display in windows live mail

press alt to bring up the ribbon menu

navigate to the view ribbon with the right arrow key

when on the view ribbon press the down arrow

select a new view for your messages

press enter

you will be presented with four message views

select the third rule (show all messages)

tab to apply

press spacebar

when prompted select all folders

press enter

choose the view ribbon again

press down

navigate by pressing the leftor right  arrow key to the message drop down

press enter

press the down arrow til you get to one line message view

make sure one line message view  is checked

if not

press spacebar

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2019 9:38 AM
To: Jaws Users
Subject: [jaws-users] wlm message list

I am using the wlm 2012 on this win 10 machine. I do not like the way that messages are presented. It only shows the subject and if there is a reply to the message the name of the replier is listed under. If I delete the first message all subsequent replies are also deleted. I have been  looking for settings to change and do not see anything that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

---
Please visit my web page

Glenn / Lenny

Sounds like part of the problem is that you have them sorted by group, or grouped by conversation.
Seems like control G changes that, or maybe it's shift control G.
HTH.

Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2019 11:38 AM

Thanks

---
Please visit my web page

netbat66

sounds like you have it set to sort by conversation.
i like it this way because you can at least delete all of the messages in the thread you don't want to read all at once.
but if you right arrow on the first message in the thread you can open all the messages then read and delete each message independently.
in the ribbons you can change it to one line view. then you can change what shows in the message headings and the order they show.

-----Original Message-----

I am using the wlm 2012 on this win 10 machine. I do not like the way that messages are presented. It only shows the subject and if there is a reply to the message the name of the replier is listed under. If I delete the first message all subsequent replies are also deleted. I have been looking for settings to change and do not see anything that will help. Any suggestions?

Thanks

---
Please visit my web page

Marie

Lenny, you currently have it collapsing all threads. To have the threads expanded:
Go to file: options: mail
ctrl plus tab to the Read page.
Tab down until you hear the option: automatically expand all groups. Make sure this check box is checked.
Tab down to the okay button and press enter.
Now the thread are expanded and you can delete one at a  time. If you decide from the subject that you do not want to read any messages in the thread, just press the left arrow, which will collapse the thread  and the delete key will delete the entire thread.
Hope this helps.
Marie

Thanks

---
Please visit my web page