Topics

wlm imported folders

Lenny McHugh

Once again I am at a loss. I exported all of my mail folders on the win 7 machine and imported them into the wlm on win 10 machine. I also am using the latest jaws 19.
There is now another set of folders under the wlm starting with imported folders then Comcast and then in box with all of it’s sub folders. I wanted to relocate the in box up to under unread and from contacts. I can not copy and paste nor drab and drop. I know that I did this when I went from xp to win 7.Any ideas on how I can reposition these folders?

---

Please visit my web page

It’s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind

https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

International Brotherhood of Magicians member #43990

Glenn / Lenny

WLM is notorious for finding your old eMail settings without you importing anything, so it no doubt found your account settings and set them up as soon as you installed it.
Try uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it, then go in and remove the accounts it set up, and then import your stuff.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:49 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] wlm imported folders

Once again I am at a loss. I exported all of my mail folders on the win 7 machine and imported them into the wlm on win 10 machine. I also am using the latest jaws 19.
There is now another set of folders under the wlm starting with imported folders then Comcast and then in box with all of it’s sub folders. I wanted to relocate the in box up to under unread and from contacts. I can not copy and paste nor drab and drop. I know that I did this when I went from xp to win 7.Any ideas on how I can reposition these folders?

---

Please visit my web page

Marie

Wouldn’t it be just as easy to just create new folders? It does not take that long. Then import the messages you want to move and they can easily be moved to the new folders. I would also create new message rules since they are so quick and simple to do with WLM.
Just as a note, I create all my list folders as sub-folders of the inbox so they are near the top to access quickly. I know this might not work for everyone but otherwise you have to arrow down past drafts, sent, and so on. And if you want to by pass them, just close the inbox and skip right over them to get to your other folders.
Marie

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:49 PM
To: JFW List

---

Please visit my web page

Lenny McHugh

I also have about 10 sub folders for each email group. What is even more interesting is that there is not an in-box.

Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm imported folders

Wouldn’t it be just as easy to just create new folders? It does not take that long. Then import the messages you want to move and they can easily be moved to the new folders. I would also create new message rules since they are so quick and simple to do with WLM.
Just as a note, I create all my list folders as sub-folders of the inbox so they are near the top to access quickly. I know this might not work for everyone but otherwise you have to arrow down past drafts, sent, and so on. And if you want to by pass them, just close the inbox and skip right over them to get to your other folders.
Marie

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:49 PM
To: JFW List

---

Please visit my web page

Steve

Another joption is spending a bit of money and using a transfer program like PcMover.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 11:06 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] wlm imported folders

WLM is notorious for finding your old eMail settings without you importing anything, so it no doubt found your account settings and set them up as soon as you installed it.
Try uninstalling WLM and reinstalling it, then go in and remove the accounts it set up, and then import your stuff.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 9:49 PM

---

Please visit my web page