Topics

WLM Filters

Glenn / Lenny

Hi,
I'm having difficulty creating a filter in Windows Live Mail.
I have several that I have made, so I normally have no problem creating filters.
The criteria that does not seem to be working is
"where the message body contains"
The only two things that are available when I go into it to type in the filter is exact match or any of the criteria.
But there should be an edit field to type in something for it to filter.
There is only those two options, and neither givbes me an edit field.
I've used my Jaws cursor, to look for something to click on, and there is nothing that I can find to click on.  latest Jaws, and this is Windows 7-64.
I have done this before in OE and it allows me to put in some criteria.
Something else strange I noticed, it reads "checked" when it shows other filters and also in some of the options.
If anyone here is using WLM and has figured this one out, I'll write a Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

Glen, are you talking about the third roll over in the four rolls?
What I normally do is this.
after doing a alt n for new rule, the first roll I go down to to and cc, but you could get away with just to.
That’s a personal preference.
Tab once to the second roll and you should see move to the specified folder and it should be checked.
The third is probably where you’re having problems.
    I usually skip this one and fill in the name I want the rule to be named first which is the four roll then back tab to the third.
Smack enter on it and you should see a field to inter in the address.
Then if you smack enter twice, you then should see move it to the folder you want to move it to.
Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 14:13
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] WLM Filters

Hi,
I have several that I have made, so I normally have no problem creating filters.
The only two things that are available when I go into it to type in the filter is exact match or any of the criteria.
I've used my Jaws cursor, to look for something to click on, and there is nothing that I can find to click on.  latest Jaws, and this is Windows 7-64.
Something else strange I noticed, it reads "checked" when it shows other filters and also in some of the options.
If anyone here is using WLM and has figured this one out, I'll write a Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Glenn

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Emergency Com-Tree Manager

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Ron,
Actually, there is only a problem with using
where the message body contains
I used the from field as well, as I'm filtering messages from a specific sender and having it moved to a specific folder.
The sender also sends messages that I don't want in that folder, so the part of the filter that should allow me to put in something specific gives me no edit field to do so.
I've made many filters in the past, and this one is an odd issue.
Hope I was able to explain it better.

Glenn

Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] WLM Filters

after doing a alt n for new rule, the first roll I go down to to and cc, but you could get away with just to.
Tab once to the second roll and you should see move to the specified folder and it should be checked.
    I usually skip this one and fill in the name I want the rule to be named first which is the four roll then back tab to the third.
Then if you smack enter twice, you then should see move it to the folder you want to move it to.
Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,

Glenn / Lenny

Ron and All,
Just thought I'd let the list know that I figured out a work-around for the message body not having an edit field in the filter.
I tried not checking the from option, and only selecting the message body and the move to a folder options, and when there was only one option, I got an edit field to put in my criteria.
Then I saved that part, and then I shift tabbed up and added the from option and did that part, and then the rest of the filter worked as usual.
I don't know why that would matter, but this way worked.

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

Are you in the states? don’t know what else to tell you.
Write me off list and if you’re in the states ship me your phone number and times zone and I’ll try my best to help you out.
Ron

Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 15:39

Hi Ron,
Actually, there is only a problem with using
where the message body contains
I used the from field as well, as I'm filtering messages from a specific sender and having it moved to a specific folder.
The sender also sends messages that I don't want in that folder, so the part of the filter that should allow me to put in something specific gives me no edit field to do so.
I've made many filters in the past, and this one is an odd issue.
Hope I was able to explain it better.

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

This is good news.
But when you say from, do you mean the to field?
Because I have my first Colum set to to and cc, then the second Colum to move to checked as well.
If you’d like you also can have the first Colum set to just to as well.
As you know, all four columns are personal preferences on how you’d like thing to be set up.
Glad you figured it out.
Ron who’s still trying to figure out why when he ships out a letter that he wrote the tag lines goes out with WLM, but if I ctrl and or fw a letter the tag line needs to be typed in by hand then I can ship out the letter with the tagline where it should be within the letter.

Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 00:52

Ron and All,
Just thought I'd let the list know that I figured out a work-around for the message body not having an edit field in the filter.
I tried not checking the from option, and only selecting the message body and the move to a folder options, and when there was only one option, I got an edit field to put in my criteria.
Then I saved that part, and then I shift tabbed up and added the from option and did that part, and then the rest of the filter worked as usual.

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Ron,
Is what you are calling a tagline the signature?
I've never heard it referred to in an eMail as a tagline.
In the settings, it's called a signature, and that is in settings.
It has a tab (page) of its own.
You can set it to go with forwards and replies there.
By default, signatures only go out on original messages.
Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 6:33 AM

This is good news.
Because I have my first Colum set to to and cc, then the second Colum to move to checked as well.
As you know, all four columns are personal preferences on how you’d like thing to be set up.
Glad you figured it out.
Ron who’s still trying to figure out why when he ships out a letter that he wrote the tag lines goes out with WLM, but if I ctrl and or fw a letter the tag line needs to be typed in by hand then I can ship out the letter with the tagline where it should be within the letter.

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Marie

Glad you found this solution because I may have occasion to want to do the same kind of filter. I believe I did have one, once, long ago but had certainly forgotten how to make it work.Thanks for sharing.
Marie

Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 9:52 PM

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

Hi back at you Glen.
Yes, I’m calling the signature a tag line.
I can’t believe you’ve never ever heard of that my friend.
Glad to hear that you solve your problem though.
All the Best, Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM
Pennsylvania West County Com-Tree Manager.

Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:32

Ron,
Is what you are calling a tagline the signature?
I've never heard it referred to in an eMail as a tagline.
In the settings, it's called a signature, and that is in settings.
It has a tab (page) of its own.
You can set it to go with forwards and replies there.
By default, signatures only go out on original messages.
Glenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2019 6:33 AM

This is good news.
Glad you figured it out.

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

Hi
Marie.
Its really a walk in the park with windows 10 for creating message rules with WLM.
Let Glen and or myself know if you would need help and we’ll do our best to help you out.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:04

Glad you found this solution because I may have occasion to want to do the same kind of filter. I believe I did have one, once, long ago but had certainly forgotten how to make it work.Thanks for sharing.
Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

patti

Hi, I got the rule made, but I want to put a different sound from the inbox sound.

How do I do that?

I’m running windows 10, jaws 18, outlook, and office 2010.

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Its really a walk in the park with windows 10 for creating message rules with WLM.

Let Glen and or myself know if you would need help and we’ll do our best to help you out.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Marie

Ron I appreciate this offer. I have been using WLM since it was conceived and set up multiple filters. I just seldom use more than one criteria for sorting.
Marie

Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:14 PM

Hi
Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.
Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,
Glenn

Ron Kolesar

That’s a little tricky to do over the phone, and the sound effect would be for all mail not just for the inbox.
Sorry that I can’t be more help.
Ron

Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:03

Hi, I got the rule made, but I want to put a different sound from the inbox sound.

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Ron,
Have you ever noticed inconsistencies in the mail filters in WLM?
I have one that filters anything sent to audiotrax into my media folder.
99% of the time it works, but once in a while one slips through into my inbox.
I had the same filters, made just the same in outlook express, and they always worked as expected.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 12:56 PM

That’s a little tricky to do over the phone, and the sound effect would be for all mail not just for the inbox.
Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Ron Kolesar

yes, I do notice that once in a blue moon that a few will go into the inbox instead of where they’re suppose to go into.
I usually double check  the rule AKA filter and go down into the rules and click on modify and double check that everything is set correctly.
But you can’t help that a few will go astray.
Enjoy the rules filter feature and the sub mailbox feature in WLM.
Every time I need to talk to a MS disability operator, while we’re linked together, I’ll recommend those two features and why I know quite of few blind people are using the MS mail app, why I’m staying with WLM and keep asking if they’ll install the two above features into the mail app.
Unless something seriously  happens to WLM or if they finely get all of the bugs out of the mail app, I’m staying with WLM.
Enjoy.
Ron

Sent: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 14:05

Ron,
I had the same filters, made just the same in outlook express, and they always worked as expected.
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Danny Park

A lot of times what happens is that a message is sent to multiple addresses at the same time and the filters seem to get a bit confused as to where to put them so they go to the inbox.

Danny

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:05 PM

Ron,
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Maybe that is why lists don't like people to cross-post.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 11:15 AM

A lot of times what happens is that a message is sent to multiple addresses at the same time and the filters seem to get a bit confused as to where to put them so they go to the inbox.

Danny

Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2019 1:05 PM

Ron,
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Ron,
I have a weird eMail thing going on, and I'm wondering if a friend's Comcast server is rejecting messages from a WLM client.
Can you send a message to a friend's address and see if he gets it?
If you copy this message from me he will understand, as I've been working with him and Comcast on the phone today, and this is a hypothesis I just came up with.
If he gets a message from you, using WLM, then we'll know that it isn't because Comcast is rejecting WLM messages.
His address is:
Thanks.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2019 7:30 AM

yes, I do notice that once in a blue moon that a few will go into the inbox instead of where they’re suppose to go into.
I usually double check  the rule AKA filter and go down into the rules and click on modify and double check that everything is set correctly.
Every time I need to talk to a MS disability operator, while we’re linked together, I’ll recommend those two features and why I know quite of few blind people are using the MS mail app, why I’m staying with WLM and keep asking if they’ll install the two above features into the mail app.
Unless something seriously  happens to WLM or if they finely get all of the bugs out of the mail app, I’m staying with WLM.
Enjoy.
Ron

Ron,
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Glenn / Lenny

Sorry list, I thought I was responding to Ron privately.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2019 5:59 PM

Hi Ron,
I have a weird eMail thing going on, and I'm wondering if a friend's Comcast server is rejecting messages from a WLM client.
If you copy this message from me he will understand, as I've been working with him and Comcast on the phone today, and this is a hypothesis I just came up with.
If he gets a message from you, using WLM, then we'll know that it isn't because Comcast is rejecting WLM messages.
His address is:
Thanks.
Glenn

Enjoy.
Ron

Ron,
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn

Marie

I know you meant this to go directly to Ron, but I can assure you that ComCast is not rejecting emails from WLM.
Marie

Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:59 PM

Hi Ron,
His address is:
josephmachise@...
Thanks.
Glenn

Enjoy.
Ron

Ron,
Glenn

Ron

How do I do that?

Thanks for any help.

Patti

Hi

Marie.

Marie

Ron and All,

Glenn

Hope this helps.

Ron KR3DOG-PA-WCECTM

Hi,

Glenn