Sent: Thursday, July 18, 2019 7:52 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] wlm 2012 check spelling

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

Glenn, There is an option to check spelling as you type. I really want to check it when I use F7 and have it use the word 2010 dictionary. There is no setting that I can locate to do this.It worked great with wlm 2011

Did you go into settings and make sure it was enabled?
There should be a spelling tab.
HTH
Glenn

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Robin Frost

Hi,
Not sure if this is the same but it’s worth a shot.  I recently experienced this in Office 365’s version as well. I almost abandoned Live Mail as a result and I’m sure some might advocate that at any rate regardless. But returning to the topic at hand. Go into Word and access its options and make sure auto correct is turned on.  I know, I know that’s not what you’re asking for and you might not even want to use it but trust me this is the only known way to revive the ability to do that which you wish. Try it and you might find that pleasantly the option to spell check in Live Mail revives.
Good luck and I hope that helps.
Take good care.
Robin

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Marie

This sounds like a good tip. If it does not work, I would try to run a repair on WLM. If you have the installation file, just run it and you should get the option to do the repair. I have done this and I did not lose any setting, etc.
Marie

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

It did not correct the problem.

This sounds like a good tip. If it does not work, I would try to run a repair on WLM. If you have the installation file, just run it and you should get the option to do the repair. I have done this and I did not lose any setting, etc.
Marie

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Marie

I believe you are running Office 365. If you also installed Office 2010, this might cause a problem. When I first switched to 365, the Microsoft tech advised me to uninstall any other versions of office.
Marie

This sounds like a good tip. If it does not work, I would try to run a repair on WLM. If you have the installation file, just run it and you should get the option to do the repair. I have done this and I did not lose any setting, etc.
Marie

Again, I am at a loss. On both my win 7 machine and win 10 laptop F7 checks spelling with word 2010. On this new machine win 10 it does not work and I just reinstalled office home 2010..Any suggestions on how to correct this? TIA

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

Lenny McHugh

Marie, I am running office 2010 home and student edition with wlm 2012. What I do not understand is that it works both on my old win 7 machine and my win 10 laptop.