Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:35 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Windows 7 searching for a file by size

Hi,
In XP, it was easy to find a file on the computer by size, but I for the life of me can't remember how to do this in Windows 7.
I'm just trying to find any file over a given size.
Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Mike B

Howdy Glenn,

Something you can try is when you press, Control + F, to open the search edit field, down arrow  and, Size, is one of the search options.  I pressed, Control + F, on my operating system drive while in, Computer, arrowed down and size was there.

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:58 PM

Well, I'm responding to my own message, just because I found the answer on-line.
I had looked before, but most sites indicated to click on items I could not find easily.
But I found a great answer, if you want to find the biggest files on your computer:
tap the windows key
type:
size: gigantic
press enter and you will have a list of the larger files on your computer.
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:35 PM

Hi,
In XP, it was easy to find a file on the computer by size, but I for the life of me can't remember how to do this in Windows 7.
I'm just trying to find any file over a given size.
Thanks

Sent From My Tabletop
N0YJV   shade tree computer guy

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Mike,
Sounds like what I found the hard way.
After reading your message, I tried it and I found that it also shows your previous search criteria/terms as well.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 10:34 PM