Topics

Windows 10 pro and online video playback with Jaws

HSG Director

Greetings

So I can play online media on my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 pro with Jaws 2019 either in Firefox or Google Chrome. However: I am unable to play the same on my Porsche Design Book1 running exactly the same OS and Jaws version save playing YouTube content. Jaws just remains silent when I press enter, do I need to install some sort of a plugin on the Porsche?

Many Thanks

Waqas H. Chauhdry

Hamit Campos

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this sounds like a tech support question. I'd ask where did you buy this or suggest finding the PC department of Porsche but they may not know of JAWS but yeah something's up there.

On 8/11/2019 4:27 PM, HSG Director wrote:
Greetings

So I can play online media on my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 pro with Jaws 2019 either in Firefox or Google Chrome. However: I am unable to play the same on my Porsche Design Book1 running exactly the same OS and Jaws version save playing YouTube content. Jaws just remains silent when I press enter, do I need to install some sort of a plugin on the Porsche?

Many Thanks

Waqas H. Chauhdry

JM Casey

Doesn't really sound like the issue is related to JAWS at all? But, curious what you mean by saying that jfw "remains silent"....do you mean that it stops working?
What about other video content? Is it just the browsers that don't respond correctly to video streams? If yooutube plays but nothing else -- that's indeed quite an oddity.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this sounds like a tech support question. I'd ask where did you buy this or suggest finding the PC department of Porsche but they may not know of JAWS but yeah something's up there.

On 8/11/2019 4:27 PM, HSG Director wrote:
Greetings

So I can play online media on my HP Envy laptop running Windows 10 pro with Jaws 2019 either in Firefox or Google Chrome. However: I am unable to play the same on my Porsche Design Book1 running exactly the same OS and Jaws version save playing YouTube content. Jaws just remains silent when I press enter, do I need to install some sort of a plugin on the Porsche?

Many Thanks

Waqas H. Chauhdry

HSG Director

What I mean is Jaws does not read out any message whether any additional programme / plugin is needed to play the content. Porsche has outsourced tech support which is terrible, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Waqas H. Chauhdry