Topics

thunderbird questions

Lenny McHugh

Since I still can’t get wlm to use spell check I am thinking about thunderbird. Does thunderbird have a spell check feature?

Also in wlm I have about 10 folders in which message rules direct the posts. Cam thunderbird do this as well? Also can thunderbird import an exported wlm message file? I have about 1,000 messages saved in   wlm folders on my win 7 machine and would like to keep them.

---
Please visit my web page
: https://www.LennyMcHugh.com

valiant8086

Hi.

Some of these, like your wlm import, I don't know the answer to. But I do know about the rules thing. I used to use rules in thunderbird, so the answer that is yes, it works. I have about that many folders, and back in the day, I let Thunderbird move the messages about. These days though, with gmail, I let gmail itself apply labels to mails and skip the inbox, so that all my email clients will have messages filtered into the proper places, and if I need to start fresh with a copy of thunderbird, which happens from time to time as it starts slowing down more and more over time, I get about a year's use out of a single copy before it becomes a real issue.

I like Thunderbird, but the sluggishness over time thing is a bother. I wish there was a better option. But I'm stuck with Thunderbird because when I group messages by conversation / thread, the layout is exactly what I want, very similar to Outlook Express, even better though. Outlook modern not express version, when it groups by thread /conversation, it shows the thread and I have to open it up to get the sender and such for the first message, it's just an extra step that I don't want to deal with. Mixed blessings.

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>