Topics

Strange Voice behavior

Mike Rogers

I use the Vocalizer Nathan voice. This morning, as occasionally happens, when the computer boots up the elequence voice comes on and I have to go into the Jaws option menu and change it back to Nathan. Why is this happening? Using latest J-19 and windows 10.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

Casey

hI do you use the compact version of that voice or the high quality version of that voice.

--

Casey

Mike Rogers

I usually use the compact voice, as it seems clearer. But this time I switched to the premium.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:59:47 -0500
"Casey" <cwollner@...> wrote:

hI do you use the compact version of that voice or the high quality version of that voice.

On 7/11/2019 6:41 AM, Mike Rogers wrote:
I use the Vocalizer Nathan voice. This morning, as occasionally happens, when the computer boots up the elequence voice comes on and I have to go into the Jaws option menu and change it back to Nathan. Why is this happening? Using latest J-19 and windows 10.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

--
Casey

Adrian Spratt

Mike,
I use an external synthesizer and occasionally have the same issue. I have a suggestion: Instead of going into the options menu, press control-JAWS key-s to bring up the profiles list, which you can navigate with the arrow keys or by first letter. Press enter on your synth, and it should come up speaking. Much faster than the options menu.

"Casey" <cwollner@...> wrote:

hI do you use the compact version of that voice or the high quality version of that voice.

On 7/11/2019 6:41 AM, Mike Rogers wrote:
I use the Vocalizer Nathan voice. This morning, as occasionally happens, when the computer boots up the elequence voice comes on and I have to go into the Jaws option menu and change it back to Nathan. Why is this happening? Using latest J-19 and windows 10.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

--
Casey

Mike Rogers

Thanks Adrian. That works .

Mike

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

"Casey" <cwollner@...> wrote:

hI do you use the compact version of that voice or the high quality version of that voice.

On 7/11/2019 6:41 AM, Mike Rogers wrote:
I use the Vocalizer Nathan voice. This morning, as occasionally happens, when the computer boots up the elequence voice comes on and I have to go into the Jaws option menu and change it back to Nathan. Why is this happening? Using latest J-19 and windows 10.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

--
Casey

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Mike, I suspect that you haven't set your Vocalizer profile as default, or you haven't associated your Windows desktop with that profile. If you press control+insert+S, you will open the voice profile selection dialogue, which contains two combo boxes: one for your current application and the other for your default. If you set a profile as a default, it will reappear in your current application combo box as "use default". But you can change this if you want to use a different profile for each application.
voice profile with

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: ofiol@...

Mike Rogers