Topics

Strange Event With Open Book

cheez

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

Richard Turner

If you installed the software that came with your Cannon, then that could be the issue.
but select the Twain driver in Openbook scanner settings, and see if that makes a difference.
Richard

On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:34 PM, cheez <cheez@...> wrote:

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

cheez

I've tried looking for scanners in Settings, but I saw nothing pertaining to scanners.
Have they changed the category name?  If not, where do I find scanners?
Thanks, Rich.
Vince

If you installed the software that came with your Cannon, then that could be the issue.
but select the Twain driver in Openbook scanner settings, and see if that makes a difference.
Richard

On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:34 PM, cheez <cheez@...> wrote:

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

Glenn / Lenny

Vince,
In open book I believe it's in advanced, and you can select the scanner there.

If you installed the software that came with your Cannon, then that could be the issue.
but select the Twain driver in Openbook scanner settings, and see if that makes a difference.
Richard

On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:34 PM, cheez <cheez@...> wrote:

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

James Bentley

I’ve had the same problem ever since I installed my Canon LiDE scanner around two years ago.  I would like to know how to fix this too.

James B

Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

cheez

Yes, you are correct.  I just found the scanner choices in Advance and Device Selection.
It shows the old and new scanners, but I see nothing about Twain.  I'm wondering if it's under Properties.
I shall check.
[...]

In most cases I'd say it's nice to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.  But due to the annoyance, I will with hold that adage.
Vince

I’ve had the same problem ever since I installed my Canon LiDE scanner around two years ago.  I would like to know how to fix this too.

James B

Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

Mike B

Yo Chedda,

 Try the following:
Go to the advanced menu with the keystroke, Alt + A.  Then press the letter, D, or arrow to, Device Selection, & press enter.  With Device Selection open
tab 1 time into a list of available options.  Arrow up / down, & usually your scanner brand + WIA, is the the 1 to try first.  Tab to, Okay, & press enter
to save & close.  Now go to, Settings, with the keystroke, Alt + G, & save there as well.

In open book I believe it's in advanced, and you can select the scanner there.

If you installed the software that came with your Cannon, then that could be the issue.
but select the Twain driver in Openbook scanner settings, and see if that makes a difference.
Richard

On Jun 15, 2019, at 12:34 PM, cheez <cheez@...> wrote:

I hope this is okay for this list.
Running Win 10, with latest version of JAWS and Open Book 9.
After scanning and reading a page, the field changes, as if I did an alt+tab.  So in order for me to get back to that scanned page, then I have to alt+tab for sure.
Does anyone have an idea on how to remedy this strangeness?
Now, I'm wondering if the new Canon LiDE 300 scanner I just installed has anything to do with this problem.
Vince

cheez

Mike, so far, your suggestion seems to have fixed the problem.  Thanks dude!
Vince

[...]

Mike, You fixed my OpenBook with Cannon scanner too!

I’m putting you  in for another raise.

And, I’m glad some body decided to ask.

James B

[...]

Hi James,

Another raise?!  I haven't received my first raise let alone another one!  LOL  LOL

[...]

Good deal, glad it worked out for you.

[...]

David Ferrin

Check’s in the mail.

[...]

cédric Paulet

Good afternoon,

Will a new major version of openbook be available in the future, with support of vocalizer expressive 2 for exemple and the add/remove vocalizer voices utility and the same shared components used by Jaws, Zoomtext and fusion?

Sincerely yours

Cedric

Another raise?!  I haven't received my first raise let alone another one!  LOL  LOL

[...]

Cedric,
I doubt it.
It would appear that FS is putting all their energy into the Convenient OCR built into JAWS; and the Picture Smart feature.
But only FS knows what they might be planning.
Richard