Topics

start up theme

Marie

I believe if he gets into the “Change system sounds” dialog he will find the option to use Windows startup.

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:44 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] start up theme

Hi Kevin,

After you type Sounds into the Search field and get to the choose your device, try using Control + Tab to get to the Sounds page / tab.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:37 PM

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings.     The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link   tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot.  Tab again get manage sound devices link.  Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices.  Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link   tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link.  Control + tab doesn’t work here!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:47 AM

Hi. You need to check the box for play start-up sound. Press the windows key and type sound in to the search box. Press enter. This is a multi-page dialog, so press control tab until you get to the sounds page. Then tab through until you hear, play windows start-up sound and press spacebar to check the box. Tab to ok and all should be fine.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin
Sent: May 29, 2019 8:25 AM

I do not understand you, please elaborate!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:33 PM

Hi,
If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

Inactive hide details for "Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Hareth

In windows10, the easy way to get the good old sound dialog is:
Press windows plus R hotkey and type:
mmsys.cpl
And hit inter
press ctrl plus tab or shift ctrl tab keys to change between
configuration tabs.
Hope that helps
TC

Kevin

Ctrl+tab doesn’t work!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi Kevin,

After you type Sounds into the Search field and get to the choose your device, try using Control + Tab to get to the Sounds page / tab.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
No one has more to say than the woman who says she doesn't want to talk about it. 

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings.     The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link   tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot.  Tab again get manage sound devices link.  Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices.  Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link   tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link.  Control + tab doesn’t work here!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi. You need to check the box for play start-up sound. Press the windows key and type sound in to the search box. Press enter. This is a multi-page dialog, so press control tab until you get to the sounds page. Then tab through until you hear, play windows start-up sound and press spacebar to check the box. Tab to ok and all should be fine.

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi,
If you mean starting sound when PC turned on it is checkbooks and not the theme which you must checked there play startup sound or like this.

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

This
I am missing as well but I am afraid that there is no possibility put shutdown sound as well to the win 10. Or there should be possibility if it can be exported from older windows but don't know how.

"Marie" ---29.05.2019 17:13:13---I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up

Date: 29.05.2019 17:13
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] start up theme

I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up sound, since your screen reader lets you know when the system is booted up. But especially with the newer laptops, there is little or nothing to let you know if the system has shut down. This would be ever so much more helpful Thantthan the start up. It would be nice if the screen reader might give you a hint. It does stop speaking and that is a good indication but does not assure that the shutdown is complete.

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:27 AM

Forget about setting a start-up sound.?? Is there any way to set a shutdown sound in Windows 10??? This event is not listed on the Sounds page list of events for which a sound can be assigned, unlike in Windows 7 and XP. In the absence of such a shutdown alert, how can you tell for shure that your computer has completely shut down and the power has turned off, aside from feeling the case to determine whether the fan is still running or pressing the eject button for the DVD tray, if your computer has one

Gerald

? ??

On 5/29/2019 8:08 AM, chris judge wrote:

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I???m not a moderator, but I???m just saying.

??

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
      Sent:
      May 29, 2019 8:56 AM
      To:
      jaws-users-list@groups.io
      Subject:
      Re: [jaws-users] start up theme

??

Did so. It works for my email sound, Recycle Bin but I can not make my start sound work.

??

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:48 AM

??

Hi,
      What you want.
      Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.
      If you want something another I am appologize.

"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

"Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
      To:
      mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
      Date:
      29.05.2019 13:24
      Subject:
      [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] start up theme
      Sent by:

E-mail is golden!!!
      Kevin Lee

Marek Durila
      Sent:
      Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:33 PM
      To:
      Subject:

Hi,

"Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

"Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
      To:
      mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
      Date:
      28.05.2019 21:11
      Subject:
      [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
      Sent by:

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

I have many wav files that worked with seven regarding start up. I used the theme from 20th century at beginning. I can you wav files for my email, print, and recycle vin. I will get over it.

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:32 AM

This
I am missing as well but I am afraid that there is no possibility put shutdown sound as well to the win 10. Or there should be possibility if it can be exported from older windows but don't know how.

"Marie" ---29.05.2019 17:13:13---I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up

Date: 29.05.2019 17:13

I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up sound, since your screen reader lets you know when the system is booted up. But especially with the newer laptops, there is little or nothing to let you know if the system has shut down. This would be ever so much more helpful Thantthan the start up. It would be nice if the screen reader might give you a hint. It does stop speaking and that is a good indication but does not assure that the shutdown is complete.

Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:27 AM

Forget about setting a start-up sound.?? Is there any way to set a shutdown sound in Windows 10??? This event is not listed on the Sounds page list of events for which a sound can be assigned, unlike in Windows 7 and XP. In the absence of such a shutdown alert, how can you tell for shure that your computer has completely shut down and the power has turned off, aside from feeling the case to determine whether the fan is still running or pressing the eject button for the DVD tray, if your computer has one

Gerald

? ??

Hi Holjer. I just posted the steps to do this. Let me know if it works. Marek, please put some effort in to proof reading your messages so they make sence. I know I???m not a moderator, but I???m just saying.

??

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
      Sent:
      To:
      Subject:

??

Did so. It works for my email sound, Recycle Bin but I can not make my start sound work.

??

??

Hi,
      What you want.
      Play sound when windows started? If yes in the control panel on the sound is checkbooks which you must check it is something like as play startup sound os something like this.

"Kevin" ---29.05.2019 13:24:53---I do not understand you, please elaborate! E-mail is golden!!!

To:
      Date:
      Subject:
      Sent by:

E-mail is golden!!!
      Kevin Lee

Marek Durila
      Sent:
      To:
      Subject:

Hi,

To:
      Date:
      Subject:
      Sent by:

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
OK when you are in the sound Pres shift tab and after this right arrow and you should be on the correct tab.

"Kevin" ---30.05.2019 05:17:53---Ctrl+tab doesn’t work! E-mail is golden!!!

To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 30.05.2019 05:17

Ctrl+tab doesn’t work!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:44 PM
To:
Subject:

Hi Kevin,

Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings. The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot. Tab again get manage sound devices link. Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices. Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link. Control + tab doesn’t work here!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:47 AM
To:
Subject:

Sent:
May 29, 2019 8:25 AM
To:
Subject:

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
To:
Subject:

Hi,

"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
Subject:
Sent by:

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
Problem is that there is no option set in Windows 10 shutdown sound or I don't know how to add it there.

"Holger Fiallo" ---30.05.2019 08:39:04---I have many wav files that worked with seven regarding start up. I used the theme from 20th century

Date: 30.05.2019 08:39

I have many wav files that worked with seven regarding start up. I used the theme from 20th century at beginning. I can you wav files for my email, print, and recycle vin. I will get over it.

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:32 AM

This

"Marie" <magpie.mn@...>
To:
Date:
29.05.2019 17:13
Subject:
Sent by:

Gerald Levy via Groups.Io
Sent:
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:27 AM
To:
Subject:

Gerald

? ??

??

Sent:
          To:
          Subject:

??

??

??

Hi,
          What you want.

To:
          Date:
          Subject:
          Sent by:

E-mail is golden!!!
          Kevin Lee

Marek Durila
          Sent:
          To:
          Subject:

Hi,

To:
          Date:
          Subject:
          Sent by:

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

You need to control tab, not tab, this is a multi-page dialog.

Sent: May 29, 2019 10:38 PM

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

Gerald Levy

Keep in mind that the start up sound will not play if you have quick start up enabled, which is the default in Windows 10.?? On the other hand, if you disable quick start up by unchecking the check box, the start up sound will play but your computer could take considerably longer to boot up.?? You just can't win.??

Gerald

On 5/29/2019 10:13 PM, Marie wrote:
I believe if he gets into the ???Change system sounds??? dialog he will find the option to use Windows startup.
??
??
Hi Kevin,
??

Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!
??

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings.???????? The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link???? tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot.?? Tab again get manage sound devices link.?? Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices.?? Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link???? tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link.?? Control + tab doesn???t work here!

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

??

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

Hi,

Inactive hide details for "Holger Fiallo" ---28.05.2019 21:11:41---I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thou

Holger Fiallo

??

??

Kevin

I told you ctrl+tab does not work!!!!!!!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:39 AM

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

Gerald Levy

The easiest way to reach the Sound Schemes page in Windows 10 is to select the Speakers icon from the System Tray and then scroll down to Sounds and select it, which will get you directly to the Sound Schemes page where you can check the Start Up sound button or make any other changes to the default sound scheme you wish.

Gerald

On 5/30/2019 7:41 AM, Kevin wrote:

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

??

??

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings.???????? The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link???? tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot.?? Tab again get manage sound devices link.?? Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices.?? Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link???? tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link.?? Control + tab doesn???t work here!

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

??

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

??

??

??

Marek Durila

Hi,
If you can I can help you through tandem in jaws or nvda remote.

"Kevin" ---30.05.2019 13:41:08---I told you ctrl+tab does not work!!!!!!! E-mail is golden!!!

To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 30.05.2019 13:41

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:39 AM
To:
Subject:

Sent:
May 29, 2019 10:38 PM
To:
Subject:

No sir. When I press the windows key then type sound, I get transferred to sound settings. The first thing I land on in sound settings is choose your output device, I tab and go to device properties link tab again I get a slider bar.tab again get output device troubleshoot. Tab again get manage sound devices link. Tab from there I get input devices and tabbing gets pretty much the same as output devices. Tab from there I get advanced sound options app volume and device preferences link tab related settings Bluetooth and other devices link. Control + tab doesn’t work here!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:47 AM
To:
Subject:

Sent:
May 29, 2019 8:25 AM
To:
Subject:

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent:
To:
Subject:

Hi,

"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
Date:
Subject:
Sent by:

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

It should’ve worked for you. If not, do what Gerald suggested. Go to the system tray, arrow over to speakers, press enter, arrow down to sounds. Press enter. Then tab to the check box that says, play windows start-up sound and check it with the space bar. Tab to apply and press enter. This should work provided you have fast start up turned off.

Sent: May 30, 2019 8:41 AM

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Thanks. W10 under system does not have it.

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:41 AM

It should’ve worked for you. If not, do what Gerald suggested. Go to the system tray, arrow over to speakers, press enter, arrow down to sounds. Press enter. Then tab to the check box that says, play windows start-up sound and check it with the space bar. Tab to apply and press enter. This should work provided you have fast start up turned off.

Sent: May 30, 2019 8:41 AM

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

Glenn / Lenny

Yeah, isn't quick startup more like starting from a sleep mode, rather than starting from a shut down?
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2019 5:37 AM

Keep in mind that the start up sound will not play if you have quick start up enabled, which is the default in Windows 10.?? On the other hand, if you disable quick start up by unchecking the check box, the start up sound will play but your computer could take considerably longer to boot up.?? You just can't win.??

Gerald

On 5/29/2019 10:13 PM, Marie wrote:
I believe if he gets into the ???Change system sounds??? dialog he will find the option to use Windows startup.
??
??
Hi Kevin,
??

Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!
??

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

??

??

??

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

??

??

Hi,

Holger Fiallo

??

??