Topics

start up theme

Marie

I believe if he gets into the “Change system sounds” dialog he will find the option to use Windows startup.

From: Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:44 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] start up theme

Hi Kevin,

After you type Sounds into the Search field and get to the choose your device, try using Control + Tab to get to the Sounds page / tab.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Hareth

In windows10, the easy way to get the good old sound dialog is:
Press windows plus R hotkey and type:
mmsys.cpl
And hit inter
press ctrl plus tab or shift ctrl tab keys to change between
configuration tabs.
Hope that helps
TC

Kevin

Ctrl+tab doesn’t work!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

This
I am missing as well but I am afraid that there is no possibility put shutdown sound as well to the win 10. Or there should be possibility if it can be exported from older windows but don't know how.

"Marie" ---29.05.2019 17:13:13---I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up

From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 17:13
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up sound, since your screen reader lets you know when the system is booted up. But especially with the newer laptops, there is little or nothing to let you know if the system has shut down. This would be ever so much more helpful Thantthan the start up. It would be nice if the screen reader might give you a hint. It does stop speaking and that is a good indication but does not assure that the shutdown is complete.

From: "Marie" <magpie.mn@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 29.05.2019 17:13

      From:
      "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
      mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
      Date:
      29.05.2019 13:24
      Subject:

      From:
      "Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
      mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
      Date:
      28.05.2019 21:11
      Subject:
      [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
      Sent by:
      jaws-users-list@groups.io

      I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

      Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
OK when you are in the sound Pres shift tab and after this right arrow and you should be on the correct tab.

"Kevin" ---30.05.2019 05:17:53---Ctrl+tab doesn’t work! E-mail is golden!!!

From: "Kevin" <kleeva5@...>
To: "jaws-users-list@groups.io" <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 30.05.2019 05:17
[...]

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Marek Durila

Hi,
Problem is that there is no option set in Windows 10 shutdown sound or I don't know how to add it there.

"Holger Fiallo" ---30.05.2019 08:39:04---I have many wav files that worked with seven regarding start up. I used the theme from 20th century

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 30.05.2019 08:39
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I have many wav files that worked with seven regarding start up. I used the theme from 20th century at beginning. I can you wav files for my email, print, and recycle vin. I will get over it.

I am missing as well but I am afraid that there is no possibility put shutdown sound as well to the win 10. Or there should be possibility if it can be exported from older windows but don't know how.

"Marie" ---29.05.2019 17:13:13---I am glad someone else has the same feeling on this annoyance. I could care less about the start up

From:
"Marie" <magpie.mn@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
29.05.2019 17:13
Subject:

          From:
          "Kevin" mailto:kleeva5@...
          mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
          Date:
          29.05.2019 13:24
          Subject:

          From:
          "Holger Fiallo" mailto:hfiallo@...
          mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io
          Date:
          28.05.2019 21:11
          Subject:
          [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
          Sent by:
          jaws-users-list@groups.io

          I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

          Holger Fiallo

chris judge

You need to control tab, not tab, this is a multi-page dialog.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Gerald Levy

Keep in mind that the start up sound will not play if you have quick start up enabled, which is the default in Windows 10.?? On the other hand, if you disable quick start up by unchecking the check box, the start up sound will play but your computer could take considerably longer to boot up.?? You just can't win.??

Gerald

I believe if he gets into the ???Change system sounds??? dialog he will find the option to use Windows startup.
??
After you type Sounds into the Search field and get to the choose your device, try using Control + Tab to get to the Sounds page / tab.

Take care.?? Mike.?? Sent from my iBarstool.?? Go dodgers!

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

??

??

Kevin

I told you ctrl+tab does not work!!!!!!!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Gerald Levy

The easiest way to reach the Sound Schemes page in Windows 10 is to select the Speakers icon from the System Tray and then scroll down to Sounds and select it, which will get you directly to the Sound Schemes page where you can check the Start Up sound button or make any other changes to the default sound scheme you wish.

Gerald

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

??

??

??

Marek Durila

Hi,
If you can I can help you through tandem in jaws or nvda remote.

"Kevin" ---30.05.2019 13:41:08---I told you ctrl+tab does not work!!!!!!! E-mail is golden!!!

[...]

From:
"Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To:
<jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date:
28.05.2019 21:11
Subject:
[EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] start up theme
Sent by:
jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

It should’ve worked for you. If not, do what Gerald suggested. Go to the system tray, arrow over to speakers, press enter, arrow down to sounds. Press enter. Then tab to the check box that says, play windows start-up sound and check it with the space bar. Tab to apply and press enter. This should work provided you have fast start up turned off.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Thanks. W10 under system does not have it.

From: "Holger Fiallo" <hfiallo@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 28.05.2019 21:11
Sent by: jaws-users-list@groups.io

I would like to change the start theme for my May Windows 10. I did go to sound and theme and I thought I change the theme. I was able to select the theme and tested it to make sure and apply, and enter on OK but when I start my PC the sound does not play but the windows theme play. Can theme be change?????????

Holger Fiallo

Glenn / Lenny

Yeah, isn't quick startup more like starting from a sleep mode, rather than starting from a shut down?
Glenn