Topics

Skype question,

Larry Gassman

Hi all,
Some on this list, including me could not see the tool bars in skype.
I did see them in outlook.
I asked Eric about it today.
We had just finished going over this key stroke and a few more for the next FSCast due out later in May.
Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not bring your focus to that Skype application window, you are not using the Desktop Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and there is Skype For Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the Start Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise, you are not getting the right one.

Eric

Hi Larry:

In my case at least, Eric Damery's comment number 1 may apply, number 2
indeed does not; I am using Skype Desktop. The issue is puzzling to say
The least, but try what I may, I have not dilucidated a possible cause. I am
sure there must be a subtle difference between what folks like you and I are
using and what your brother John uses, but it is neither the version of Jaws
nor that of Skype.

Perhaps some small difference in Windows 10, due to a different machine? I
have tried it in my Hewett-Packard I7 desktop and my Dell I5 laptop with
similar results.

Could we have the script to add it to the Skype Desktop .js file? It is
just something to try.

Regards,

Humberto

Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not
bring your focus to that Skype application window, you are not using
the Desktop Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and
there is Skype For Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the
Start Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise,
you are not getting the right one.

Eric

Larry Gassman

I am still working through the issues.
My Laptop for instances has no issues at all. Both toolbars read without issue.
I will keep you updated. This should not be happening.

Larry

Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not
bring your focus to that Skype application window, you are not using
the Desktop Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and
there is Skype For Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the
Start Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise,
you are not getting the right one.

Eric

Don & Cher

Are the scripts built into the desktop version or are they an add on?

Cher

Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not bring your
focus to that Skype application window, you are not using the Desktop
Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and there is Skype For
Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the Start
Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise, you are not
getting the right one.

Eric

Hello Cher:

As far as I know, with JAWS 2019 updated to the April 30 version and Skype
Desktop version 8.44 the shortcuts should work, with the exception of
Insert-F8 that seems to work for some and not for others. You should not
have to install scripts other than those that come with JAWS. They do not
work on Skype UP or the App version, nor with the Skype Business.

Regards,

Humberto

Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not bring your
focus to that Skype application window, you are not using the Desktop
Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and there is Skype For
Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the Start
Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise, you are not
getting the right one.

Eric

chris judge

I do have the correct version. All the other hotkeys work, I can do insert
space, followed by y S to get to the skype window. I can use the new hotkeys
to answer and hang up a call the only one that doesn't work is insert f8.

Eric wrote:'
There is either 1 of two things going on here.
1. The scripts aren't working (but they are fine for me).
2. You are not running the Skype Desktop Application.

I suspect that for everyone where the INSERT Space, Y, S does not bring your
focus to that Skype application window, you are not using the Desktop
Application. There is also a Skype App from the Store and there is Skype For
Business. Those will not work.

When I open my Start menu, and type Skype, then read the item in the Start
Menu you land on, it should be "Skype Desktop App" Otherwise, you are not
getting the right one.

Eric

Don & Cher

Thanks for that info. None of the hotkeys are working here- so perhaps a
check-in with Vispero is appropriate.