skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

David Moore

Hi Justin!

Go to the Store, and press:

CTRL+E to search for an app.

Type in Skype, and press enter.

Tab to where it says:

Get skype, and press enter.

In a few seconds, it will install as an universal Win10 app on your computer.

Close store, and go to the start area, and tab to all apps, and find skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to pin to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items, and press the letter S until you hear Skype!

Enter, and you can sign into the Skype app, and you can tab to everything you need!

The more I play with Skype 8.25, though, it is easy to use as well.

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web, like B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

You can even set placemarkers where ever you want in skype, because it is exactly like putting place markers on a web page!

The app is a lot smaller, and more condensed.

Take care.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:57 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

What skype is that?  How do you get win ten universal app?

Justin

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:09 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi Marvin and all!

I agree with the Win10 Skype app being much easier to use.

Even if you tab to what you want, it is only a few tabs.

Skype 8.25, seems much more confusing, for me, anyway!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 8:43 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi. using windows 10 64 bit pro 1803 and got jaws 2018, latest July update. And well found skype 8.25 a bit confusing and also it did not port over one contact which was my second brother, but it does in the windows 10 universal app. Find it a much cleaner interface, not sure about voicemail, forwarding, as don’t do that, I am on a skype group with a whole bunch of sighted students doing a interactive gaming and digital media course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au, and also the skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the scripts for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would stick to thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

And got it from the Microsoft store in Australia.

Marvin from Adelaide, Australia.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Justin Williams

I ask because I’ll be using it to make calls and on groups and to possibly do business soon.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Moore
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:19 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

Close store, and go to the start area, and tab to all apps, and find skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to pin to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items, and press the letter S until you hear Skype!

Enter, and you can sign into the Skype app, and you can tab to everything you need!

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web, like B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

You can even set placemarkers where ever you want in skype, because it is exactly like putting place markers on a web page!

Take care.

David Moore

Justin

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Subject: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions

Hi. using windows 10 64 bit pro 1803 and got jaws 2018, latest July update. And well found skype 8.25 a bit confusing and also it did not port over one contact which was my second brother, but it does in the windows 10 universal app. Find it a much cleaner interface, not sure about voicemail, forwarding, as don’t do that, I am on a skype group with a whole bunch of sighted students doing a interactive gaming and digital media course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au, and also the skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the scripts for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would stick to thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

Justin Williams

So, what is quicker and more efficient?

Justin

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

Take care.

David Moore

Justin

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Just my two cents worth.

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

I have the new skype and do not see that. There is no alt to get files and so on. There is nothing for accessibility. Using W10 and jaws 2018.

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:55 AM

Justin

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

Take care.

David Moore

Justin

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Just my two cents worth.

Matthew Chao

Does anyone have the keyboard shortcuts for this new Skype? Very frustrating.--Matthew Chao

On 7/31/2018 8:41 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:
I have the new skype and do not see that. There is no alt to get files and so on. There is nothing for accessibility. Using W10 and jaws 2018.
*Sent:* Tuesday, July 31, 2018 5:55 AM
*To:* jaws-users-list@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions
Justin
*From:* jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] *On Behalf Of *David Moore
*Sent:* Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:19 AM
*Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions
Hi Justin!
Tab to where it says:
Take care.
David Moore
Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
*Sent: *Monday, July 30, 2018 9:57 PM
*To: *jaws-users-list@groups.io
*Subject: *Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universalfirstimpressions
Justin
*From:* jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] *On Behalf Of *David Moore
*Sent:* Monday, July 30, 2018 9:09 PM
*Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions
Hi Marvin and all!
That is just my opinion.
David Moore
Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10
*Sent: *Monday, July 30, 2018 8:43 PM
*Subject: *[jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal firstimpressions
Just my two cents worth.
https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Virus-free. www.avast.com <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

DGH

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Chao
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:40 AM

Does anyone have the keyboard shortcuts for this new Skype? Very frustrating.--Matthew Chao

I have the new skype and do not see that. There is no alt to get files
and so on. There is nothing for accessibility. Using W10 and jaws 2018.
*Subject:* Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10
universalfirstimpressions

Justin

*From:* jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] *On
Behalf Of *David Moore

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

In a few seconds, it will install as an universal Win10 app on your
computer.

Close store, and go to the start area, and tab to all apps, and find
skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to pin
to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items, and
press the letter S until you hear Skype!

Enter, and you can sign into the Skype app, and you can tab to
everything you need!

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web, like
B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

You can even set placemarkers where ever you want in skype, because it
is exactly like putting place markers on a web page!

Take care.

David Moore

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for
Windows 10

*Subject: *Re: [jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10

What skype is that? How do you get win ten universal app?

Justin

Behalf Of *David Moore
universal firstimpressions

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Windows 10

*Subject: *[jaws-users] skype 8.25 and skype for windows 10 universal
firstimpressions

Hi. using windows 10 64 bit pro 1803 and got jaws 2018, latest July
update. And well found skype 8.25 a bit confusing and also it did not
port over one contact which was my second brother, but it does in the
windows 10 universal app. Find it a much cleaner interface, not sure
about voicemail, forwarding, as don’t do that, I am on a skype group
with a whole bunch of sighted students doing a interactive gaming and
digital media course from http://www.upskilled.edu.au, and also the
skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the scripts
for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would stick to
thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...>

This is great, thanks.
Now do you hve the direct link for 8.25?
I have to use this version because I use jaws 17 and the update will no work unles I have jaws 18
Thanks
Sugar

. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
-Please support me in my journey to another opportunity of life at:
https://www.gofundme.com/sugars-transplant-journey
Hugs, Sugar

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of DGH
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 7:51 AM

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Matthew Chao

Justin

*From:* jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io]
*On Behalf Of *David Moore

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

computer.

skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to
pin to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items,
and press the letter S until you hear Skype!

everything you need!

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web,
like B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

Take care.

David Moore

Windows 10

Justin

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Windows 10

firstimpressions

skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the
scripts for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would
stick to thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-
animated-no-repeat-v1.gif
<https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_
campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient>

ely.r@...

Hi Matt and List,
I am not a Skype user, but the link below has shortcuts for what I think is the newest version. Another find said that it was not possible to set one's own shortcuts for the app. They are hard coded.
Hope this is of some help,
Rick
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:40 AM

Justin

Behalf Of *David Moore

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

computer.

skype. You can press the applications key or Shift+F10, and arrow to pin
to taskbar.

Now, from now on, just press Windows+T, to get to your pinned items, and
press the letter S until you hear Skype!

everything you need!

You can use all of the navigation commands that you use on the web, like
B for button, for example, because it is laid out just like a web page.

Take care.

David Moore

Windows 10

Justin

Behalf Of *David Moore

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Windows 10

firstimpressions

skype 8.25 scripts did install, but did not load, and so got the scripts
for the universal app, but just the default scripts. I would stick to
thewindows 10 universal app, much easier for me.

Just my two cents worth.

https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif

Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...>

Because the shut down sound used to be there, and it was taken out for what reason?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

"Preach the Gospel, and when necessary use words!"
--St. Francis

On 7/31/2018 11:09 AM, Sugar Lopez wrote:
This is great, thanks.
I have to use this version because I use jaws 17 and the update will no work unles I have jaws 18
Thanks
Sugar

. "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
Hugs, Sugar

Justin

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

computer.

pin to taskbar.

everything you need!

Take care.

David Moore

Windows 10

Justin

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Windows 10

firstimpressions

Just my two cents worth.

Maria Campbell <lucky1inct@...>

I apologize for this message which was intended to talk about shut down issues, not Skype.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 7/31/2018 2:04 PM, Maria Campbell wrote:
Because the shut down sound used to be there, and it was taken out for what reason?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@gmail.com

--St. Francis

On 7/31/2018 11:09 AM, Sugar Lopez wrote:
This is great, thanks.
Thanks
Sugar

Hugs, Sugar

Justin

Hi Justin!

Tab to where it says:

computer.

pin to taskbar.

everything you need!

Take care.

David Moore

Windows 10

Justin

Hi Marvin and all!

That is just my opinion.

David Moore

Windows 10

firstimpressions

Just my two cents worth.