From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Matthew Chao via Groups.Io
Sent: June 16, 2019 10:23 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Setting the Hotkey for Restarting JAWS

Hi, Folks. I want to set up a hotkey combination for restarting JAWS.
I want to youse ctrl-plus-alt-j to make this happen. How do I go about
doing that? Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Cristóbal

The only other thing I would add to this and it's purely optional is to consider instead of using the J key as the hotkey, using a number corresponding to the version of Jaws.
I've got Jaws 2019 and 2018 on both my machines and have the corresponding control+alt+number for both. I've always done it this way since I tend to keep my computers through multiple releases of Jaws and don't have to worry about any conflicts and can still start an alternate version of Jaws in the rare case that I may need it.
Again though, purely optional.

Go to the JAWS icon on the desk top, press alt+enter--this will open the properties, tab over to shortcut hot key--press the letter or number that you want to use as the hot key, for example: 'j', then tab to ok. When you need to reload JAWS just press alt+ctrl+j, (or what ever key you set), and JAWS will reload.

Hi, Folks. I want to set up a hotkey combination for restarting JAWS.
I want to youse ctrl-plus-alt-j to make this happen. How do I go about doing that? Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Mike O'Brien

Hi

As stated above, you can define a key to start JAWS so the combination of Control+alt+(Chosen key(s)) will start a new copy of JAWS. However it used to be that it will only start a new copy of JAWS and not stop a currently running copy of JAWS. So as I have seen, you can have 2 copies of JAWS jabbering away at each other. So to recycle JAWS, you first have to stop the currently running copy and then start the new copy of JAWS. I believe that this is still true.

Mike