Topics

serious problem with new Outlook-2019 and JAWS

JOHN RIEHL

Hi. I’m using the latest JAWS on a new Windows-10 Machine and Office-2019. When I open my Outlook, I can see my inbox and all of its e-mails; unfortunately I can’t see any of my other mailboxes or accounts. My expected behavior is that when I open Outlook I am in my inbox and my most recent e-mail; then when I shift-tab I’m in the list of my mailboxes and I can arrow up or down or press the letter of a given mailbox and then press Enter to enter the mailbox. That’s how things work with my Windows-7 and Outlook-2010. None of this works with my new computer and Outlook02019. Same JAWS.

I’m assuming there’s some sort of view configuration I need to change but I don’t know what it is.

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Dave...

Try expanding your inbox to see if there are folders hidden there

Dave

On Apr 24, 2019, at 2:31 PM, JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io <REALMAN02@...> wrote:

Hi. I’m using the latest JAWS on a new Windows-10 Machine and Office-2019. When I open my Outlook, I can see my inbox and all of its e-mails; unfortunately I can’t see any of my other mailboxes or accounts. My expected behavior is that when I open Outlook I am in my inbox and my most recent e-mail; then when I shift-tab I’m in the list of my mailboxes and I can arrow up or down or press the letter of a given mailbox and then press Enter to enter the mailbox. That’s how things work with my Windows-7 and Outlook-2010. None of this works with my new computer and Outlook02019. Same JAWS.

I’m assuming there’s some sort of view configuration I need to change but I don’t know what it is.

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Van Lant, Robin

I’m not on Outlook 2019, but the two things to try are these:

1. Try using Control Y to access that list of folder in a dialog box format.
  2. Go to the View ribbon and tab over to Folder Pane and be sure it is set to normal.  The shortcut is Alt V, then F to then arrow up and down to be sure “Normal” is checked.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:31 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] serious problem with new Outlook-2019 and JAWS

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Sandra Streeter

Start by doing Ctrl-y, which should land you in your list of folders, which you can arrow through. Because I use Outlook as email client for gmail, I personally have to open the gmail folder, which contains my spam folder, among other things. . I had to do a lot of research to eventually find that ctrl-y thing out—I have Windows 10 and Outlook and Jaws 2019, as well. It’s a learning curve. HTH!

Sandra

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Victor Gouveia

No, the keystroke has changed to control+shift+tab, as opposed to shift+tab.

You’ll find it’s the same way to read your messages if viewing them in the reading pane.

Victor

Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:31 PM

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Mike B

Hi John,

Did you make sure the window is maximized?

Take care.  Mike.  Sennt from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:31 PM

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Jim Pursley

When in a mailbox, hit control y and a mailbox list will pop up.  Arrow to the one you want and it will open.  Return to the in box via control/space I.

On 4/24/2019 6:31 PM, JOHN RIEHL via Groups.Io wrote:

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Annette Carr

Try Shift+F6 and/or F6.

HTH,

Annette

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] serious problem with new Outlook-2019 and JAWS

Hi John,

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Reed Poynter

Hi John,

It could be that you don’t have the folder pane displayed.  If you go into your view menu and hit your right-arrow a number of times, you should come to “Folder Pane sub menu”.  You should be able to hit enter here and down-arrow through the settings.  It should be set to “normal”.

This is how it works in 2016.  I think 2019 is the same.

Reed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Carr via Groups.Io
Sent: May 3, 2019 10:00 AM

Try Shift+F6 and/or F6.

HTH,

Annette

Hi John,

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

david

sounds like outlook is not opening within the inbox,

alt+f=file,

T=options,

A=advance,

alt+b=browse button, press enter,

here you can choose the folder in which outlook will open,

if yu see inbox and it says closed,

right arrow to open,

now tab you will see/hear;

Start in this folder: treeview inbox

now tab enter on OK button.

The impossible is the untried,  Never under estimate the power of a dream.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Reed Poynter
Sent: Friday, May 3, 2019 2:29 PM

Hi John,

It could be that you don’t have the folder pane displayed.  If you go into your view menu and hit your right-arrow a number of times, you should come to “Folder Pane sub menu”.  You should be able to hit enter here and down-arrow through the settings.  It should be set to “normal”.

This is how it works in 2016.  I think 2019 is the same.

Reed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Annette Carr via Groups.Io

Try Shift+F6 and/or F6.

HTH,

Annette

Hi John,

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

JOHN RIEHL

Nope: folder pane is set to normal.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Reed Poynter

Hi John,

This is how it works in 2016  I think 2019 is the same.

Reed

Try Shift+F6 and/or F6.

HTH,

Annette

Hi John,

Please help!!

Thanks. John .

Reed Poynter

Hi John,

I am using Outlook 2016.  I typically have my folder display set to off and when I’m in my Inbox display, I hit control-y to bring up my list of folders. 

I have just set the folder display to normal.  Now when I’m in my Inbox, I hit Shift+F6 to get to the folder list.

Reed

Sent: May 3, 2019 6:53 PM

Nope: folder pane is set to normal.

Hi John,

This is how it works in 2016  I think 2019 is the same.

Reed

Try Shift+F6 and/or F6.

HTH,

Annette

Hi John,

Please help!!

Thanks. John .