Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 2:12 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Saving pdf as a Word Document and uncompressing it.

Afternoon all.

Using JAWS latest version, Word 13 and Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.

I downloaded a compressed portfolio of different files. I have been attempting to unzip the files, and when I press the applications option, I do get the choice for extracting from portfolio. When I press enter on this, it brings up a dialogue for saving it. But not for extracting it. Also, using the shift f10 applications process, I used to get an option for saving it as a word document. But not now. Any ideas/suggestions will be welcome. I am also using Adobe Acrobat DC. Thanks.

Jerry
“The three things that are most commonly asked for, but never truly wanted, are advice, opinions and the truth.”

JM Casey

Hm, isn’t there also such a thing as a “comprssed pdf” file, though?

So I guess the question is, is this really a zip file you are looking at?

If it is a zip file, you can actually open it like you would any other folder by pressing enter. If you want the files located/copies elsewhere, all you would have to do is hit ctrl-a to select all, ctrl-c to copy, then move to/open your folder of choice and paste the items there.

Again though, it sounds like this might be a different sort of compressed animal entirely.