Topics

retrieving deleted folders from an external drive

Marvin Hunkin

Hi. Is there a  or software where I can recovered folders, I copied over a music folder and it over wrote, my other music folder, and now lost about 50 gb of music, and so is there a way to get this back from my sam sung ssd external drive.

Any tools.

Thanks.utility

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marvin,

I really don't think so, especially not something that would be inexpensive.  It wasn't like you just deleted a folder that might possibly recovered, but you overwrote the whole folder, which is entirely different than deleting the folder.  If I'm wrong someone will correct me, and I do hope I'm wrong.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2019 8:42 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] retrieving deleted folders from an external drive

Hi. Is there a  or software where I can recovered folders, I copied over a music folder and it over wrote, my other music folder, and now lost about 50 gb of music, and so is there a way to get this back from my sam sung ssd external drive.

Any tools.

Thanks.utility

Larry Volk

You could try Recuva which is a free recovery program. I tried it but it didn’t work well with Jaws2019, but then it could have been just me!

Larry

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Marvin Hunkin
Sent: August 19, 2019 9:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] retrieving deleted folders from an external drive

Hi. Is there a  or software where I can recovered folders, I copied over a music folder and it over wrote, my other music folder, and now lost about 50 gb of music, and so is there a way to get this back from my sam sung ssd external drive.

Any tools.

Thanks.utility