Topics

removing task bar

Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...>

Hi

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Chris

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Adrian Spratt

I’m not sure you want to remove the taskbar, but you’d definitely want to stop it getting in the way when you switch screens. What keystroke do you use to switch?

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...>

Yes that is what I mean, sorry

I use the tab and alt key to switch from screen to screen

sugar

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

I’m not sure you want to remove the taskbar, but you’d definitely want to stop it getting in the way when you switch screens. What keystroke do you use to switch?

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Isn't that what
"auto-hide the taskbar"
is in the task bar properties?
I always have this checked, I thought it was checked by default.
I don't know if that will fix this or not though.
On the task bar, you can press alt + enter to get the properties.

Glenn

I’m not sure you want to remove the taskbar, but you’d definitely want to stop it getting in the way when you switch screens. What keystroke do you use to switch?

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Rebecca Lineberger

If you’re alt-tabbing, I would assume you’re using the alt-tab to switch from one program to another—a Word doc to an email message--or between two documents or messages within the same program (if you have your task bar set up that way).  The only time I can see a running program getting in the way would be if you had JAWS running on the task bar instead of in the system tray.  If you remove JAWS, then there won’t be that extra program to alt-tab through.

If you happen to have more than two programs running that you do want open, windows key-tab is a more efficient way to switch.

Press windows key-tab then left or right arrow quickly to the one you want and press enter.  Or if you know the order of the programs on the task bar, press windows key and the number of the program you want.

I’m not sure you want to remove the taskbar, but you’d definitely want to stop it getting in the way when you switch screens. What keystroke do you use to switch?

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...>

Thanks for that tip

sugar

- - Winnie the Pooh

-Sugar

[...]

Mr. Ed

Hi Chris,

I know most people cannot see this but what ever font color you have chosen does not show up on the screen. Jaws read it fine but there is no fonts showing on the last few emails you have sent to the group. You might want to have a sighted person look on your screen and see if they can read your text. Just thought I would let you know.

Mr. Ed

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

If you hide the Taskbar in, Settings / Personalization / Taskbar, you
won't be able to access icons in the system tray.  For example; with the Taskbar hidden and you click on the Speaker icon in the system tray you won't see any speaker settings options, but a context menu opens instead that has nothing to do with speaker settings.

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:46 AM

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Karen Hughes

I know mine was fine, I was just commenting that I didn’t say anything insulting or personal about my sisters or parents in my work sorry my story, or my friend! I fully agree, Angela needed to change it and I can see how it upset George Joyce and I are just getting up nowIt’s only 6:30 a.m. here in Phoenix! Today I am not going to do much, some housework, and read and I’m hoping that this evening when I speak with Carllos that he will be feeling better and that he and I can go to lunch tomorrow! I may go shopping today I don’t know it’s bloody hot! Take care

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:46 AM

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Karen Hughes

I am so sorry I responded to the wrong message, please disregard have a good day

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:46 AM

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Hi Mike,
I have always had mine hidden in task bar settings, and I can get to those things in the task bar.
Glenn

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:46 AM

I suppose you could use it in tablet mode or auto hide the taskbar found under settings > personalization > taskbar

Sorry if this is a repeat but when I toggal back and forth from screen to screen, I get task bar in the midle

How can I remove this feature? Or can i?

I am using Windows 10, jaws 17 and office 2016 on a lonovo touch screen(don’t se that feature) smile ) desk top

Thanks

Sugar

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly."

-Sugar

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Glenn,

Yes in Windows 7, but not in Windows 10, at least not on my desktop or my wife's laptop.

Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Sent: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:46 AM