Topics

Reading and Acting on Notifications in Windows 10

Matthew Chao

Hi, Folks. How do I check and see if I have any notifications in Windows 10? I'm using a desktop PC running Windows 10 and the most current version of JAWS. Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Michael Babcock

Hold The windows logo key, and tap the letter a, and this should open your notifications for you. I remember it by opening my alert, versus notifications, if that makes it an easier.

On Aug 1, 2019 at 2:51 PM, Matthew Chao via Groups.Io <mattchao@...> wrote:

Hi, Folks.  How do I check and see if I have any notifications in

Windows 10? I'm using a desktop PC running Windows 10 and the most
current version of JAWS. Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Ben J. Bloomgren

What I do is hit Windows+A to go to the action center. When it says "Notifications from X", arrow right once. It doesn't say treeview, but to me it works like a treeview. You right arrow into each grouping of notifications. For example, there was an update to Java last night. I arrowed to the right into the Java notification node if you will. Then I arrowed down to the actual notification. Then I hit enter to interact with the notification to begin the update.

I hope that that helps.

Ben

On 8/1/2019 14:51, Matthew Chao via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi, Folks.  How do I check and see if I have any notifications in Windows 10?  I'm using a desktop PC running Windows 10 and the most current version of JAWS.  Thanks in advance.--Matthew Chao

Matthew Chao

Hi, Ben. Thanks. Will give it a shot.--Matthew Chao