From: Judy Jones [mailto:sonshines59@...]
Sent: Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:47 AM
To: 'jaws-users-list@groups.io'
Subject: RE: [jaws-users] Web site shortcuts on desktop.

Hi, David,

The steps I tried are as follows:

When on the site for which I want to create the shortcut, I went into Chrome settings, More Tools, Create Shortcut.   I hit enter and hit enter again, so that the shortcut would appear on my desktop.

I’ve only been on Google Chrome, maybe about a year, but I started having issues with Chrome crashing, which was happening with more frequency, so I reset the settings.

It has been since I reset the settings that I have had this problem.

I also would like to ask you which checkbox is checked in your Startup settings, just to make sure I have things correct.

Since my original installation of Chrome, Jaws has updated, Chrome has updated, and Windows has updated, so I am wondering if any of these updates are affecting this ability to create proper shortcuts that don’t always default to Google Chrome.

In addition, I also found some information on a forum where this can be an issue, so I am not the only one facing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/every-chrome-desktop-shortcut-goes-to-googles-homepage-now.1199607/

I have also created a case with Google, and haven’t heard back yet.

Thanks again.

Judy