Below is a note I saved, but personally I've never done this.

From: Brian Lee
In Word, place the cursor where you want to insert the logo.
Use Alt followed by N followed by P for choosing a picture to insert.
Browse to the PNG file and insert it.
JAWS recognizes the inserted picture as an object.
Use CTRL with shift and O to select the picture.
JAWS should speak the height and width of the picture at this point.
Press enter key.
When you press enter key the "Lay out options" pane should appear.  It might
come up and have keyboard focus right on the "See more" button or you might
have to use F6 until focus is in the pane.
Press spacebar on the "See more" button.
There will be three page tabs in the resulting dialog box.  Go to the Size
page.
You can tab across to confirm absolute height and width.
The aspect ratio will likely be locked and be relative to the original
picture size.  As you tab you should find a rotation box and it is likely on
zero degrees.
There are also two boxes for adjusting height and width, which will  only
work if you uncheck the aspect ratio checkbox. If you do uncheck that
checkbox and adjust height and width percentages then JAWS will speak the
new dimensions in the document when you use CTRL with shift and O to select
the picture.

I hope this is what you are wanting.

Take care.
Brian Lee
brianllee@...

Sent: Saturday, July 20, 2019 6:37 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Putting graphics in a document using Jaws

Hi

Are there any tutorials that cover putting graphics like pictures in a
document using Jaws? Or any tips and tricks? I'm doing a course that
requires me to produce material including pictures for the class students.

Also, are there any teachers on the list who use Jaws and who would be
happy to correspond with me privately?

Thanks for any help anyone is able to offer.

Teri

Brian Lee

Hello Teri,

I am not sure when I sent the message that Mike showed in his Email but I have revised the note a little.  In Word 2013 I have noticed that the layout pane doesn’t always appear when the object is selected.  However, you can just bring up the contextual menu by using the applications key or Shift with function key 10 and arrow down to the Size menu item.  Press enter on the item and the same dialog box appears that would appear if you used the See More button in the layout pane.  After pressing the CTRL with Shift and O to move to the object use enter to select it.  Be careful not to use an arrow key before or after using the enter key as that will remove the selection from the object.

Here are revised steps that work in Word 2013:

1.     In Word, place the cursor where you want to insert the graphic.

2.     Use Alt followed by N followed by P for choosing a picture to insert.

3.     Browse to the PNG or other type of picture file and insert it.
JAWS recognizes the inserted picture as an object.

4.     Use CTRL with shift and O to move to the object.

5.      Immediately press enter key to select the object.
JAWS should speak the height and width of the picture  and indicate that it is selected at this point.  The layout options pane might appear and if it does and focus moves into it tab to the “See more” button and press spacebar.  It might come up and have keyboard focus right on the "See more" button or you might
have to use F6 until focus is in the pane.
Note:  If the layout pane doesn’t appear when the graphic is selected then use the info starting in step 8 below.

6.      Press spacebar on the "See more" button.
There will be three page tabs in the resulting dialog box.  Go to the Size page.

7.      You can tab across to confirm absolute height and width. The aspect ratio will likely be locked and be relative to the original
picture size.  As you tab you should find a rotation box and it is likely on
zero degrees.  There are also two boxes for adjusting height and width, which will  only
work if you uncheck the aspect ratio checkbox. If you do uncheck that
checkbox and adjust height and width percentages then JAWS will speak the new dimensions in the document when you use CTRL with shift and O and then press enter key to select
the object.

8.       If the layout options pane does not appear when the graphic is selected just use the applications key or shift with function key 10.  In the contextual menu use down arrow key until you find the Size menu item and press enter key.  This will bring up the same dialog box that would appear  if you used the “See More” button in the layout pane.

9.       Go to the size page of the dialog box and do the same actions mentioned in step 7 above.

The original info was sent as a response to someone wanting to know about inserting a picture and sizing it.  The Picture Tools Format tab is added to the end of the ribbon when a picture is selected.  When using JAWS, it appears after you list objects using CTRL with Shift and O and press enter key on one of the items in the list to select it.  The picture tools include many options including the sizing of the objects mentioned in the above steps.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianllee@...

Below is a note I saved, but personally I've never done this.