Problem With Laptop Computer Sleep Functions

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

A few days ago, I started noticing that my Dell Lattitude Windows 7 laptop no longer goes to sleep when not in use.  I have the monitor set to turn off after a few minutes of non-use both on battery and AC power.  The same goes for the entire computer itself.

I have gone into the sleep timer menu and verified that everything is set the way I would like, and made sure to save my changed settings.  But my computer still runs constantly now, even when it is not being  used.

I realize that this is likely not a Jaws problem, so I hope it is not considered to be too “off topic” for this list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Flor Lynch

Hi. I think you need to go into your laptop’s Power Management settings and adjust things there.

A few days ago, I started noticing that my Dell Lattitude Windows 7 laptop no longer goes to sleep when not in use.  I have the monitor set to turn off after a few minutes of non-use both on battery and AC power.  The same goes for the entire computer itself.

I have gone into the sleep timer menu and verified that everything is set the way I would like, and made sure to save my changed settings.  But my computer still runs constantly now, even when it is not being  used.

I realize that this is likely not a Jaws problem, so I hope it is not considered to be too “off topic” for this list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Tom Behler

How do I get to that?

So far, I’ve just been going into the sleep settings adjustment menu via the Windows search function.

Tom Behler

Hi. I think you need to go into your laptop’s Power Management settings and adjust things there.

A few days ago, I started noticing that my Dell Lattitude Windows 7 laptop no longer goes to sleep when not in use.  I have the monitor set to turn off after a few minutes of non-use both on battery and AC power.  The same goes for the entire computer itself.

I have gone into the sleep timer menu and verified that everything is set the way I would like, and made sure to save my changed settings.  But my computer still runs constantly now, even when it is not being  used.

I realize that this is likely not a Jaws problem, so I hope it is not considered to be too “off topic” for this list.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dr.  Tom Behler From Michigan

Sadam Ahmed

Have you had a look in power settings?

    Press Windows+X and choose the option that says change what the power buttons do, followed by change settings that are currently unavailable.

--
Yours sincerely,

Sadam Ahmed

JAWS certified, 2018