Topics

Outlook action and accessibility

Holger Fiallo

Using jaws 2019, outlook and w1              0. Are there setting that I can configure to make outlook accessible? Want to make outlooks accessible to me and easy to use with jaws. For those who use jaws for along time help me do the same to make outlook experience better.

Richard Turner

It would help if you were specific about what you are finding difficult.
For me, Outlook is accessible with very little adjustment.
Most of my adjustments are personal preference, it has been accessible with Jaws, and before that Window-Eyes, for a long time.
Folks on this list will help, but we need you to be specific about what your issues are.
Also, depending where you live, you may also be able to call Microsoft Accessibility to get help.
Richard

On Jun 16, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Holger Fiallo <holgfiallo@...> wrote:

Using jaws 2019, outlook and w1              0. Are there setting that I can configure to make outlook accessible? Want to make outlooks accessible to me and easy to use with jaws. For those who use jaws for along time help me do the same to make outlook experience better.

Holger Fiallo

I am trying to make sure outlook is easy to use. What works for others. I am sure many who uses outlook have found different setting that help with how outlook looks, works, and so on. If you use outlook for a long time you know what I mean.

It would help if you were specific about what you are finding difficult.

For me, Outlook is accessible with very little adjustment.

Most of my adjustments are personal preference, it has been accessible with Jaws, and before that Window-Eyes, for a long time.

Folks on this list will help, but we need you to be specific about what your issues are.

Also, depending where you live, you may also be able to call Microsoft Accessibility to get help.

Richard

On Jun 16, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Holger Fiallo <holgfiallo@...> wrote:

Using jaws 2019, outlook and w1              0. Are there setting that I can configure to make outlook accessible? Want to make outlooks accessible to me and easy to use with jaws. For those who use jaws for along time help me do the same to make outlook experience better.

Michael Babcock

Hi:
This may be useful:
Outlook 365/2016 - Freedom Scientific

As also mentioned, to discuss accessibility questions about outlook from experts who know all the options, leverage:
Disability Answer Desk
Disability Answer Desk is where customers with disabilities get support with Microsoft Office, Xbox Accessibility, and Windows. This includes product issues, accessibility questions and use of Assistive technology.

Hoping this helps

Michael
Host of the Your Own Pay Podcast network.
Https://yourownpay.com/

On Jun 16, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Holger Fiallo <holgfiallo@...> wrote:

[...]

chris judge

Hi Holjer. The below suggestions, as issued to us by our service desk at work can improved the experience with jaws, although these things are not critical.

You will find that Outlook 2016 is very similar to Outlook 2010. All of the hotkeys that you know from Outlook 2010 will still work as expected. There are some new features that you will find useful.

Initial setup

There are some settings in Outlook that should be changed to improve accessibility.

Turn off the Reading Pane.

To turn off the reading pane, press the following keys after opening Outlook:

Alt, v, p, n, o.

Turn off the to-do bar

To turn off the to-do bar, pres the following keys after opening Outlook:

Alt, V, B, O.

Turn off Grouping of Messages

By default, Outlook is set to display messages in groups such as today, yesterday, last week, etc. You may wish to turn off this option to make the message list easier to navigate.

To do this, press the following keys after starting Outlook:

Alt, V, A, B.

Then, arrow down to Show in Groups and make sure it is unchecked. If it is checked, just press Enter to uncheck it and return to the message list.

Using jaws 2019, outlook and w1              0. Are there setting that I can configure to make outlook accessible? Want to make outlooks accessible to me and easy to use with jaws. For those who use jaws for along time help me do the same to make outlook experience better.

Marie

there a way to have the folders show in a list view rather than having to do the crelY to select a folder?

Using jaws 2019, outlook and w1              0. Are there setting that I can configure to make outlook accessible? Want to make outlooks accessible to me and easy to use with jaws. For those who use jaws for along time help me do the same to make outlook experience better.

chris judge

I just use control Y to bring up the folders. You can continuously press f6, and eventually you will get there as well.