From: Judy Jones
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2019 11:09 AM
Subject: [jaws-users] Not using the computer screen.

Hi,

For those of us using screen readers and not relying on the screen, it is easy to create your own “privacy screen, by simply turning off the monitor on the desktop variety.

For a laptop, why couldn’t you adjust your power plan for “do nothing,” when lid is closed, close the lid, and plug in your external keyboard?

Judy

Judy Jones

That’s true, very handy for keeping the streaming going.

Judy

I always adjust my power plan as you describe so I can carry it around the house without it shutting down or going to sleep.

For those of us using screen readers and not relying on the screen, it is easy to create your own “privacy screen, by simply turning off the monitor on the desktop variety.

For a laptop, why couldn’t you adjust your power plan for “do nothing,” when lid is closed, close the lid, and plug in your external keyboard?

Judy

Marek Durila

Hi,
This I can!T recommend, because if you hat closed laptop there will be more warm going inside the notebooks and you can easy to destroy it.
I hat a little bit opened monitor, but jaws has a function which you write.

"Judy Jones" ---01.08.2019 18:09:12---Hi,

From: "Judy Jones" <sonshines59@...>
To: <jaws-users-list@groups.io>
Date: 01.08.2019 18:09
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jaws-users] Not using the computer screen.