Topics

Microsoft Messages Popping Up

When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Glenn,

What version of Jaws and what operating system?

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:12 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Microsoft Messages Popping Up

Hi,
When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks

Glenn / Lenny

Windows 7 and latest Jaws.

What version of Jaws and what operating system?

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:12 PM

Hi,
When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Here you go:

Hi All,

I ran across a tip on how to set the time for how long balloon messages will stay up so you can have time to access them.  Here you go;

In Windows 7 it's under "Ease of Access".  Type Ease of Access in to the
search box in the start prompt. In the Ease of Access Center go to, "Make  it
easier to focus on tasks", and hit enter.
Near the end of the options that come up is a combobox with different time settings to adjust the time
that those balloons stay on screen.
I adjusted mine to 1 minute which gives me enough time to find them and
click on them.  Hope this helps.  Take care.
Mike

Working with Balloon messages using Windows 7

If you are using windows 7 and you would like to delay the time for the windows balloon system notification to disappear, please do the following.

The first thing we will need to do is access the ease of access center, which you could quickly navigate there by pressing Windows key plus the letter U.
After arriving to the ease of access center, you will need to tab until you hear "Use the computer without a display" without the quotes and press enter.
In the next dialog, press your tab key until you land on a combo box, which will ask, "How long should window notification dialog boxes stay up?" Use your
up and down arrow keys until you land on your preferred time. After you make your selection, tab to the ok button and activate it with the space bar and
you are done.

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:39 PM

Windows 7 and latest Jaws.

What version of Jaws and what operating system?

Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:12 PM

Hi,
When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks

Mike B. <mbrunner5702@...>

Hi Glenn,

I didn't see the latter portion of your post the first time about clicking to install.  Would you happen to have updates install automatically?  I sometimes get this quick message on the 1 computer I have set to set to update automatically.

Take care.
Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Mike,
It's my friend's computer.
I've heard it over the phone when talking to him, and I too wondered if his Microsoft updates needed to be run, but he could not tell me since he only hears part of the message and could not get to it.
Now he should be able to.
Thanks.

I didn't see the latter portion of your post the first time about clicking to install.  Would you happen to have updates install automatically?  I sometimes get this quick message on the 1 computer I have set to set to update automatically.

Take care.
Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
When messages pop up but go away, and there is not enough information on the message, how do we access the message?
> please click here to install, freedomscientific said that it is a
> microsoft thing.
Thanks