Topics

lost focus

Holger Fiallo
 

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

Hamit Campos
 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hamit Campos
 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hamit Campos
 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hamit Campos
 

Yeah that's real bad. I've seen it that bad but see it's been on a PC that's from 2007. So to be expected I always thought. Also on a laptop from 2011. So again I thought to be expected. But if your machine isn't that old than something is dephinetly wrong. Now I should later try NVDA on that old 2007 Enspiron 530S and see. I have used NVDA on it before but not much. I don't like that robot E Speak voice. But I should try and see what happens.

On 8/14/2019 10:34 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

I upgrated my PC. It has a TV/monitor for my PC. When I am not using the TV, I can change it to a flat screen. Nice side. Also my PC was updated 3 years ago.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Yeah that's real bad. I've seen it that bad but see it's been on a PC that's from 2007. So to be expected I always thought. Also on a laptop from 2011. So again I thought to be expected. But if your machine isn't that old than something is dephinetly wrong. Now I should later try NVDA on that old 2007 Enspiron 530S and see. I have used NVDA on it before but not much. I don't like that robot E Speak voice. But I should try and see what happens.

On 8/14/2019 10:34 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hamit Campos
 

if by updated you mean new hardware or you completely blew Windows away than yeah something's up with JFW than. Especially if that HDD or SSD is new. I don't know man. Have you told FS about this? Because again especially if this is fresh hardware this shouldn't be. I've seen this as bad as you describe but like I said on an old Enspiron 530 S from 2007. Which at the moment has Windows 8 on it by the way.I had put Windows 7 on it before.

On 8/14/2019 10:56 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I upgrated my PC. It has a TV/monitor for my PC. When I am not using the TV, I can change it to a flat screen. Nice side. Also my PC was updated 3 years ago.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Yeah that's real bad. I've seen it that bad but see it's been on a PC that's from 2007. So to be expected I always thought. Also on a laptop from 2011. So again I thought to be expected. But if your machine isn't that old than something is dephinetly wrong. Now I should later try NVDA on that old 2007 Enspiron 530S and see. I have used NVDA on it before but not much. I don't like that robot E Speak voice. But I should try and see what happens.

On 8/14/2019 10:34 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>
 

HI Holger,
 
It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

New hardware even a new wireless keyboard.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:52 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

if by updated you mean new hardware or you completely blew Windows away than yeah something's up with JFW than. Especially if that HDD or SSD is new. I don't know man. Have you told FS about this? Because again especially if this is fresh hardware this shouldn't be. I've seen this as bad as you describe but like I said on an old Enspiron 530 S from 2007. Which at the moment has Windows 8 on it by the way.I had put Windows 7 on it before.

On 8/14/2019 10:56 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I upgrated my PC. It has a TV/monitor for my PC. When I am not using the TV, I can change it to a flat screen. Nice side. Also my PC was updated 3 years ago.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:40 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Yeah that's real bad. I've seen it that bad but see it's been on a PC that's from 2007. So to be expected I always thought. Also on a laptop from 2011. So again I thought to be expected. But if your machine isn't that old than something is dephinetly wrong. Now I should later try NVDA on that old 2007 Enspiron 530S and see. I have used NVDA on it before but not much. I don't like that robot E Speak voice. But I should try and see what happens.

On 8/14/2019 10:34 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Holger Fiallo
 

This has always been a problem with windows seven and now 10.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

HI Holger,

 

It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Hamit Campos
 

Alright yeah this is real serious than. I mean this than is practicaly a new PC. I'd call FX.

On 8/14/2019 12:10 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

This has always been a problem with windows seven and now 10.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

HI Holger,

 

It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

george b
 

I have this issue with the latest win 10 pro, and latest jaws.  And it has been doing this for several versions of jaws and windows

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: August 14, 2019 9:10
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

This has always been a problem with windows seven and now 10.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

HI Holger,

 

It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dale Heltzer
 

I agree that FS should devote more resource to fixing long-standing issues with points where JFW fumbles.

That being said, there is such a wide variety of ways pc configurations may differ, there is probably not just one fix to be made. Maybe it’s as bad analogy, but it’s a bit like in dividualized medicine.

 

Plus, I understand that Microsoft began in Windows 10 to use a different method for writing information to the screen. I don’t know how tight the communication is between MS & FS, but I’d would think FS would have made the needed updates already!

Which is all academic if you’re dealing with a pc that isn’t performing as well as it did in the past, despite paying for new HW and/or SW.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

---

Dale E. Heltzer

deheltzer@...

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

Hamit Campos
 

True this too. As for the new hard ware thing interesting you meantion this because I'd thought that this would practically would make the PC new again. Maybe not then I guess. I also wander how the talks between FS and Google are cause of the talkyness of JAWS and lack of saying important things. Interesting if you do use IE on youtube all is pretty much business as usual. Which makes me ask is there perhaps code in JAWS that is still 90s code than? Could it perhaps be time for a total make over for JAWS? Maybe this is for a new thread but JAWS does seem to still for my youtube experience at least does seem to favor IE. So maybe theere is still favoritism for older versions of Windows. I don't know. I never thought to ask Eric. This year on top of my not thinking of these things this way I couldn't make it to NFB convention.

On 8/14/2019 3:34 PM, Dale Heltzer wrote:

I agree that FS should devote more resource to fixing long-standing issues with points where JFW fumbles.

That being said, there is such a wide variety of ways pc configurations may differ, there is probably not just one fix to be made. Maybe it’s as bad analogy, but it’s a bit like in dividualized medicine.

 

Plus, I understand that Microsoft began in Windows 10 to use a different method for writing information to the screen. I don’t know how tight the communication is between MS & FS, but I’d would think FS would have made the needed updates already!

Which is all academic if you’re dealing with a pc that isn’t performing as well as it did in the past, despite paying for new HW and/or SW.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

---

Dale E. Heltzer

deheltzer@...

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is


Virus-free. www.avast.com

Dale Heltzer
 

A quick google search on which is better for viewing youtube, IE or chrome, suggests chrome is better.

Youtube has been a subsidiary company of Google for over a decade. IE will still work, but why not seek to minimize irritants? Try Chrome. Just a thought, and only a thought.

 

---

Dale E. Heltzer

deheltzer@...

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:49 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

True this too. As for the new hard ware thing interesting you meantion this because I'd thought that this would practically would make the PC new again. Maybe not then I guess. I also wander how the talks between FS and Google are cause of the talkyness of JAWS and lack of saying important things. Interesting if you do use IE on youtube all is pretty much business as usual. Which makes me ask is there perhaps code in JAWS that is still 90s code than? Could it perhaps be time for a total make over for JAWS? Maybe this is for a new thread but JAWS does seem to still for my youtube experience at least does seem to favor IE. So maybe theere is still favoritism for older versions of Windows. I don't know. I never thought to ask Eric. This year on top of my not thinking of these things this way I couldn't make it to NFB convention.

On 8/14/2019 3:34 PM, Dale Heltzer wrote:

I agree that FS should devote more resource to fixing long-standing issues with points where JFW fumbles.

That being said, there is such a wide variety of ways pc configurations may differ, there is probably not just one fix to be made. Maybe it’s as bad analogy, but it’s a bit like in dividualized medicine.

 

Plus, I understand that Microsoft began in Windows 10 to use a different method for writing information to the screen. I don’t know how tight the communication is between MS & FS, but I’d would think FS would have made the needed updates already!

Which is all academic if you’re dealing with a pc that isn’t performing as well as it did in the past, despite paying for new HW and/or SW.

 

Just my 2 cents.

 

---

Dale E. Heltzer

deheltzer@...

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:02 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

CJ &AA MAY
 

I think I have had the “lost focus” issue ever since coming from Window-eyes to Jaws last year. Without exception, when I open Outlook every single time I am told “lost focus” and have to alt tab to regain focus. It isn’t a disaster, but it is irritating.

Alison

 

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: 14 August 2019 17:16
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Alright yeah this is real serious than. I mean this than is practicaly a new PC. I'd call FX.

On 8/14/2019 12:10 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

This has always been a problem with windows seven and now 10.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

HI Holger,

 

It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Virus-free. www.avast.com

David Ferrin
 

It does not happen here hardly ever. It might possibly be something else that is the cause.
 

From: CJ &AA MAY
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2019 6:31 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus
 

I think I have had the “lost focus” issue ever since coming from Window-eyes to Jaws last year. Without exception, when I open Outlook every single time I am told “lost focus” and have to alt tab to regain focus. It isn’t a disaster, but it is irritating.

Alison

 

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: 14 August 2019 17:16
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Alright yeah this is real serious than. I mean this than is practicaly a new PC. I'd call FX.

On 8/14/2019 12:10 PM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

This has always been a problem with windows seven and now 10.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:58 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

HI Holger,

 

It sounds like you have something going on in the background that's causing the focus loss issue.  I don't have this problem with any version of Jaws I have installed on my Windows 7 or 10 computers.


Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----

From: Holger Fiallo

To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:34 AM

Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

If I am doing something and I open a program and leave my PC for a while when I do insert t tells me lost focus. Even if I am using a program tends to go to lost focus. If I leave my PC on desk top and come back it says lost focus and I need to use windows M to go back.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:39 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Oh wow okay. It happens to you constantly? Because I've seen it happen but here and there. But yeah I'm surprised they haven't done something. I never meantioned it to Erick because I again always thought the PCs were confused when it happened. Guess I was wrong than.

On 8/14/2019 9:33 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

For more than 9 years.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:24 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

Understood. Now when you say this has always been a problem how far back do you remmember this happening? Again I just wanted to be fair as my PCs aren't exactly new. So figured it was a processing issue. But perhaps I'm wrong. If someone with a brand new PC is seeing this let us know. Because then 1 can be dam sure it's JAWS. There's lots of funny things JAWS is doing but again I don't wana judge right away as the small laptop I have that I bought in 2016 is itself being kinda strange and I'm not convenced it is truely new. Again though I have seen this issue especially comeing out of folders or shutting down software but always assumed it's a the PC is kinda confused kinda issue.

On 8/14/2019 9:07 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

Well yes. But I am paying for jaws. I am using Windows 10 current and to let you know. This has always been a problem with jaws. I do not understand why this can not be address. Now if this is not a jaws issue, they need to let us know.

 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:50 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] lost focus

 

I've seen this too but not just with the newest JAWS. To be fair I'm trying to think what PC I've seen this most on. I don't have a brand spanking new out of box PC so I don't wana jump right away on FS. It's true NVDA doesn't exactly do this. But than again NVDA doesn't do lots of things. like when you hit the like button on a youtube video it's not all talky and stuff. It just says space as you hit than added to liked videos or it says nothing if you unliked the vid. There's all kinds of stuff like that. But yes I've seen this lost focus thing more and more but for a while back now. Again I wana be fair I don't have a brand spanking new PC so could be that the PCS are old. But if indeed it is a JAWS issue than yes something needs to be done.

On 8/14/2019 5:01 AM, Holger Fiallo wrote:

I am noticing that with the new jaws that came out lost focus is more regular. When jaws is going to fix this? When I used NVDA this was not a problem. I am sure that jaws who has more resources than NVDA can fix this. If this is not a jaws issue what it it? NVDA free and this is not an issue. I pay for jaws and if this a problem, I believe is time to address this. Hope someone who goes and ask questions to jaws can do about this.is

 

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avast.com


David Ferrin
Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.