Topics

License

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Just check with jaws. So there is no difference if I purchase it or a business. The same price. $1100. I already Have a jaws in my PC at home. Just need to know if I can add it to another PC outside my home.

Holger Fiallo

Adrian Spratt

Check again with VFO. JAWS is the name of the software.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:31 AM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] License

Just check with jaws. So there is no difference if I purchase it or a business. The same price. $1100. I already Have a jaws in my PC at home. Just need to know if I can add it to another PC outside my home.

Holger Fiallo

Holger Fiallo <hfiallo@...>

Yes. I think you know what I stated.

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] License

Check again with VFO. JAWS is the name of the software.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Holger Fiallo
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 11:31 AM

Holger Fiallo

chris judge

Hi Holger.

There is a difference in pricing between the jaws for home use and the professional version, although the functionality is the same. If you want my honest opinion it’s just another way for VFO to make money, but it is what it is. As far as whether you can put your own version of jaws on another pc, the answer is yes. When you purchased jaws you would’ve been given three activations, which means you can install it three times. If you’ve only activated jaws once since you purchased it, you will have 2 counts left, however resetting the license count is a simple matter of going to:

www.fsactivate.com, choosing the link to reset your license count, entering your serial number, and you’re all set. I’m not an expert on the legal issues surrounding installing jaws on more than one computer but my feeling is as long as you aren’t giving the license away, or selling it, you should be fine to install your copy on your home computer, school computer, work computer, etc.

I hope this helps.

Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 12:31 PM

Holger Fiallo

Adrian Spratt

I agree with these sentiments, but to be on the safe side with VFO, I’d ask them directly whether they endorse using a “home” authorization on a business’s computer.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 7:18 AM

Hi Holger.

There is a difference in pricing between the jaws for home use and the professional version, although the functionality is the same. If you want my honest opinion it’s just another way for VFO to make money, but it is what it is. As far as whether you can put your own version of jaws on another pc, the answer is yes. When you purchased jaws you would’ve been given three activations, which means you can install it three times. If you’ve only activated jaws once since you purchased it, you will have 2 counts left, however resetting the license count is a simple matter of going to:

www.fsactivate.com, choosing the link to reset your license count, entering your serial number, and you’re all set. I’m not an expert on the legal issues surrounding installing jaws on more than one computer but my feeling is as long as you aren’t giving the license away, or selling it, you should be fine to install your copy on your home computer, school computer, work computer, etc.

I hope this helps.

Holger Fiallo

David Ferrin

This is kind of getting in to a grey area so far as being on topic is concerned as it does not discuss any functionality of the program. So let’s put it to bed as they say folks.

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 8:04 AM

I agree with these sentiments, but to be on the safe side with VFO, I’d ask them directly whether they endorse using a “home” authorization on a business’s computer.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of chris judge
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 7:18 AM

Hi Holger.

I hope this helps.

Holger Fiallo

David Ferrin
A clear conscience is normally the result of a failing memory.