From: Kate Walsh
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2019 6:11 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Labeling a form field

Hi All,

My work computer was upgraded last week to JAWS 2019, windows 7 and outlook 2013.

We are getting new computers in the fall and they will have outlook 2016 and windows 10 on them.

In the past version of JAWS I could tab to the form field and JAWS would say first name, middle and last name, now JAWS just says edit.

Could someone please give me instructions on how I can label them?

Thanks in advance.

Kate Walsh

Kate Walsh

Thanks Mike.

I will give this a try tomorrow and hopefully this will fix the problem.

Have a good night.

Kate

They're already labeled, but it sounds like Jaws isn't reading them so 1st, make sure the window is maximized with, Windows key + uparrow, or hold down the Alt key and press the spacebar, then uparrow up to maximize and press enter.

My work computer was upgraded last week to JAWS 2019, windows 7 and outlook 2013.

We are getting new computers in the fall and they will have outlook 2016 and windows 10 on them.

In the past version of JAWS I could tab to the form field and JAWS would say first name, middle and last name, now JAWS just says edit.

Could someone please give me instructions on how I can label them?

Thanks in advance.

Kate Walsh

Kimsan

If maximizing doesn’t work, you can always try labeling them. Look here:

https://support.freedomscientific.com/Training/Surfs-Up/Custom_Labels.htm

Best regards,

Kimsan Song

kimsansong@...

I will give this a try tomorrow and hopefully this will fix the problem.

Have a good night.

Kate

They're already labeled, but it sounds like Jaws isn't reading them so 1st, make sure the window is maximized with, Windows key + uparrow, or hold down the Alt key and press the spacebar, then uparrow up to maximize and press enter.

My work computer was upgraded last week to JAWS 2019, windows 7 and outlook 2013.

We are getting new computers in the fall and they will have outlook 2016 and windows 10 on them.

In the past version of JAWS I could tab to the form field and JAWS would say first name, middle and last name, now JAWS just says edit.

Could someone please give me instructions on how I can label them?

Thanks in advance.

Kate Walsh

Kate Walsh

Thanks Kimsan.

Maximizing didn’t work but I was able to label the form fields after looking at the training site.

I am so happy to have them label again, it will make my job easier.

Best Wish’s,

Kate