Topics

Keyboard Help

Cook, Steve

Hi All,

When turning keyboard help on.  Is their a way to have JAWS announce the below keys?  I perform keyboard assessments with people and during my assessment I would like to make sure they are pressing the correct key.  Using JAWS 2019 and Windows 10.

Tab

Caps lock

Alt key

Spacebar

Control

Windows key

david

Well, if you've used the keylearn feature in jaws, insert+#1,

you will have discovered, the only two keys that will give some information when they're pressed are, the tab key, and the capslock key.

the, alt, ctrl, and windows keys no info,

When turning keyboard help on.  Is their a way to have JAWS announce the below keys?  I perform keyboard assessments with people and during my assessment I would like to make sure they are pressing the correct key.  Using JAWS 2019 and Windows 10.

Tab

Caps lock

Alt key

Spacebar

Control

Windows key

david

hi, forgot to mention,

if you use NVDA, and access the input help, inser+#1, all the keys you mentioned are announce, even, left alt right alt, left windows, left and right ctrl.