Topics

jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Josh Kennedy

Hi,Does the latest jaws still work with the decTalk access32 speech synthesizer?

And also, I have several decTalk speak windows. These are notepad-type applications with built in decTalk so you can make it sing and stuff. Anyway using the jaws cursor on windows 10 32bit I cannot see the graphics for the play button and other controls with the jaws cursor. These speak windows came out around 1996 or so. The only one whose edit box works is the version 4.3 decTalk speak window.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Josh,

I can't answer your question about the decTalk synthesizer, but as far as the graphics, make sure your settings are set to read labeled graphics.  If you're settings are set to read labeled graphics you'll then have label the graphics yourself, Jaws does have this ability.

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:55 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Hi,Does the latest jaws still work with the decTalk access32 speech synthesizer?

And also, I have several decTalk speak windows. These are notepad-type applications with built in decTalk so you can make it sing and stuff. Anyway using the jaws cursor on windows 10 32bit I cannot see the graphics for the play button and other controls with the jaws cursor. These speak windows came out around 1996 or so. The only one whose edit box works is the version 4.3 decTalk speak window.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, Are you saying that you actually got Access 32 to work on a Win 10 computer?

If yes, would you tell us how you did it?

Sincerely, Vicky V

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:55 PM

Hi,Does the latest jaws still work with the decTalk access32 speech synthesizer?

And also, I have several decTalk speak windows. These are notepad-type applications with built in decTalk so you can make it sing and stuff. Anyway using the jaws cursor on windows 10 32bit I cannot see the graphics for the play button and other controls with the jaws cursor. These speak windows came out around 1996 or so. The only one whose edit box works is the version 4.3 decTalk speak window.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Josh Kennedy

no, I only got the decTalk speak-window notePad apps to work on a windows10 computer. With those, you can make decTalk sing. Just do a google search for decTalk flameOfHope and you will find them.

Russ

I wished you could still get Dectalk for jaws.