Topics

jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Josh Kennedy

Hi,Does the latest jaws still work with the decTalk access32 speech synthesizer?

And also, I have several decTalk speak windows. These are notepad-type applications with built in decTalk so you can make it sing and stuff. Anyway using the jaws cursor on windows 10 32bit I cannot see the graphics for the play button and other controls with the jaws cursor. These speak windows came out around 1996 or so. The only one whose edit box works is the version 4.3 decTalk speak window.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Josh,

I can't answer your question about the decTalk synthesizer, but as far as the graphics, make sure your settings are set to read labeled graphics.  If you're settings are set to read labeled graphics you'll then have label the graphics yourself, Jaws does have this ability.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:55 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Hi,Does the latest jaws still work with the decTalk access32 speech synthesizer?

And also, I have several decTalk speak windows. These are notepad-type applications with built in decTalk so you can make it sing and stuff. Anyway using the jaws cursor on windows 10 32bit I cannot see the graphics for the play button and other controls with the jaws cursor. These speak windows came out around 1996 or so. The only one whose edit box works is the version 4.3 decTalk speak window.

Vicky Vaughan

Hi, Are you saying that you actually got Access 32 to work on a Win 10 computer? 

If yes, would you tell us how you did it?

Sincerely, Vicky V

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 11:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Hi Josh,

I can't answer your question about the decTalk synthesizer, but as far as the graphics, make sure your settings are set to read labeled graphics.  If you're settings are set to read labeled graphics you'll then have label the graphics yourself, Jaws does have this ability.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:55 PM

Subject: [jaws-users] jaws with decTalk access32 and speak-windows?

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Josh Kennedy

no, I only got the decTalk speak-window notePad apps to work on a windows10 computer. With those, you can make decTalk sing. Just do a google search for decTalk flameOfHope and you will find them. 

Russ

I wished you could still get Dectalk for jaws.

Sent: Sunday, August 4, 2019 6:37 AM

no, I only got the decTalk speak-window notePad apps to work on a windows10 computer. With those, you can make decTalk sing. Just do a google search for decTalk flameOfHope and you will find them. 

Josh Kennedy

what would be best is if CodeFactory sold a sapi5 version of decTalk access-32, using decTalk 4.3 or 4.2 software since that decTalk version is the best. 

Russ

Has anyone ask CodeFactory about selling Dectalk?

Sent: Monday, August 5, 2019 10:05 AM

what would be best is if CodeFactory sold a sapi5 version of decTalk access-32, using decTalk 4.3 or 4.2 software since that decTalk version is the best. 

Josh Kennedy

I asked codeFactory about decTalk several years ago and they said there probably would not be enough demand for it. But that was back in 2013 or so. Maybe if we all contact codeFactory about selling decTalk we could get it accomplished? 

Josh

Tony

Or maybe putting the code into the public domain for anyone to make it accessible.  They didn’t seem to be willing to do this several years ago but might be willing to do it now.

Tony

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2019 11:07 AM

I asked codeFactory about decTalk several years ago and they said there probably would not be enough demand for it. But that was back in 2013 or so. Maybe if we all contact codeFactory about selling decTalk we could get it accomplished? 

Josh