Topics

JAWS randomly jumps up on web pages

Astrid van Woerkom

Hi all,

I'm sorry if I don't explain this well, but I have a problem reading (mostly larger) webpages in both Firefox and Google Chrome (using the latest version of JAWS 2019). When I try to read a page or scroll through it using the arrow keys, at seemingly random moments both speech and Braille jump up a screen or to the top of the webpage. This happens mostly with larger sites such as my feed reader or blogs. I have already disabled auto refresh. What else can I do to prevent th is from happening? Thanks.

--
Astrid
https://astridetal.wordpress.com/

Hamit Campos

Ah so it's doing it to you too. Yeah it does it on youtube even. For me it's with 18. the Newest JAWS did it for a while but it's kinda behaving now.

On 8/7/2019 12:05 PM, Astrid van Woerkom wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sorry if I don't explain this well, but I have a problem reading (mostly larger) webpages in both Firefox and Google Chrome (using the latest version of JAWS 2019). When I try to read a page or scroll through it using the arrow keys, at seemingly random moments both speech and Braille jump up a screen or to the top of the webpage. This happens mostly with larger sites such as my feed reader or blogs. I have already disabled auto refresh. What else can I do to prevent th is from happening? Thanks.

cecropia64

does the same on the serious radio page too.?? rather annoying

stew

On 8/7/2019 12:10 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:
Ah so it's doing it to you too. Yeah it does it on youtube even. For me it's with 18. the Newest JAWS did it for a while but it's kinda behaving now.

On 8/7/2019 12:05 PM, Astrid van Woerkom wrote:
Hi all,

I'm sorry if I don't explain this well, but I have a problem reading (mostly larger) webpages in both Firefox and Google Chrome (using the latest version of JAWS 2019). When I try to read a page or scroll through it using the arrow keys, at seemingly random moments both speech and Braille jump up a screen or to the top of the webpage. This happens mostly with larger sites such as my feed reader or blogs. I have already disabled auto refresh. What else can I do to prevent th is from happening? Thanks.

Astrid van Woerkom

Oh so it’s happening to more people? How annoying!

Op 7 aug. 2019 om 18:12 heeft cecropia64 <cecropia64@...> het volgende geschreven:

[...]

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Astrid & All,

Have you tried changing your, Page Refresh, settings in Jaws quick settings?  It's probably on Automatic.  Press, Insert + V, and find the, Page Refresh, setting.  Press the spacebar to toggle through the options.  Your options are Automatic, every 60 seconds and Off.  Try either the every 60 seconds or off settings to see if it helps.  I'm not saying this is the culprit, but it's worth a few seconds to give it a try.

Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS randomly jumps up on web pages

[...]

Hi Mike,

No, the setting is set to off. Is there anything else I can try?

Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:16 AM

[...]

I'm sorry, but that was my best shot.  Hopefully someone will have a better idea.

Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2019 9:16 AM

[...]

jmule

I am having the opposite issue. Jaws jumps to the bottom of a web page. It mainly happens when exiting a text entry field. I have only noticed this behavior with Jaws 2019. I only use Firefox.

John