Topics

jaws & outlook2016

david

Good morning listers.

does anyone happen to know how to move contacts from one folder to another?

One of my clients had a friend help him upgrade his office 2007 to office 2016.

unfortunately, through the process, the program created another contact folder.

he now has 3 folders.

his gmail account contact folder, a contacts folder, and the newly created one. is there a way to move contacts to the gmail, or, contact folder?

in advance, thanks for the help.

Van Lant, Robin

I have not tried it, but I would think you could simply go into one contact folder, do a Control A to select all then copy into the desired folder.  Outlook is usually pretty straight forward with that kind of thing.

does anyone happen to know how to move contacts from one folder to another?

One of my clients had a friend help him upgrade his office 2007 to office 2016.

unfortunately, through the process, the program created another contact folder.

he now has 3 folders.

his gmail account contact folder, a contacts folder, and the newly created one. is there a way to move contacts to the gmail, or, contact folder?

in advance, thanks for the help.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Don & Cher

That’s correct- it’s a simple copy and paste. If control-A does not work for any reason, hold down the shift key and press the end key to select all or select the ones you want with control-space and paste only those entries.

Cher

I have not tried it, but I would think you could simply go into one contact folder, do a Control A to select all then copy into the desired folder.  Outlook is usually pretty straight forward with that kind of thing.

does anyone happen to know how to move contacts from one folder to another?

One of my clients had a friend help him upgrade his office 2007 to office 2016.

unfortunately, through the process, the program created another contact folder.

he now has 3 folders.

his gmail account contact folder, a contacts folder, and the newly created one. is there a way to move contacts to the gmail, or, contact folder?

in advance, thanks for the help.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

david

Hello;

ok, within office 2016,

I tried the following;

1, opened outlook,

2, pressed ctrl+shift+b=book,

3, tab until I get to the combo box,

now choose the addressbook/folder where the contacts are currently, so, in the list of contacts, I highlight one, copy to clipboard, tab back to the combo box, find the correct folder, tab and I see there's 0 contacts, so I paste, and nothing happens.

so, the copy paste does not work.

I tested this on my own machine.

[...]

I would not do it in Outlook.
Contacts is a folder in users\username\.
I would copy it or any contacts from there.
Glenn

[...]

I just did the following approach successfully within Outlook 2016.   Go to the contacts folder  where the contacts you want to move are. You can do this in a number of ways. I used Control Y to open the list of folder and arrowed down to the my main email account then to Contacts.  This is a tree view, so you may need to right arrow to open the list of folders under the account.

You’ll be placed on the first contact in your folder.  Hit Control A to select all.  Then hit Control C or Control X to copy or cut respectively.

Use Control Y to open the folder list again and navigate to the contact folder where you want to place the contacts.  Again, you may have to right arrow to open a tree view to see the next contacts folder.

Once you’ve landed in the Contracts folder, hit Control V to paste the contacts.  I just did this with 3 contacts from my main email account and place them into a different account’s contacts.

I never use that Control Shift B method to access my contacts.  I’ll have to see what advance that gives, but it’s not even on my radar to use it.  It’s providing a list of contact, but it is not the kind of list you can copy from.

Generally, you can use Control 3 to go to your contacts for the given email account.

Robin Van Lant