From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:34 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws not loading my settings and correct voice

Hi,

I started my computer yesterday and when the screen came up to enter my pin, Jaws spoke and it was using the Tom compact voice which is the correct voice. After I put my pin in and my computer continued to load and Jaws came up speaking it was using the Jaws eloquence voice. I then restarted my computer twice again and the same thing happened. I have never in all my years of using Jaws had the change of voice happen. I have Tom compact voice as my default voice. I have use this voice for years and it has come up running every time. So since the Jaws voice was not correct I assume my settings were not being loaded either.  So I went into the Jaws settings and merge my settings over from Jaws 18 and as soon as I did this the Tom compact voice came on and my Jaws is working like it should be. One more thing when I shut down my pc that night and turned it off that night it was running correctly and then I turn it on in the morning and the settings did not come on  correctly with the correct voice. So have any of you ever had this happen where your voice and settings never came up running correctly?

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Do you think it is only changing the voice profile or do you think it is also not loading the personal Jaws settings?

If you change the voice profile back then how do you tell the personal Jaws settings are loaded?

Mr. Ed