Topics

Jaws not loading my settings and correct voice

Mr. Ed

Hi,

I started my computer yesterday and when the screen came up to enter my pin, Jaws spoke and it was using the Tom compact voice which is the correct voice. After I put my pin in and my computer continued to load and Jaws came up speaking it was using the Jaws eloquence voice. I then restarted my computer twice again and the same thing happened. I have never in all my years of using Jaws had the change of voice happen. I have Tom compact voice as my default voice. I have use this voice for years and it has come up running every time. So since the Jaws voice was not correct I assume my settings were not being loaded either.  So I went into the Jaws settings and merge my settings over from Jaws 18 and as soon as I did this the Tom compact voice came on and my Jaws is working like it should be. One more thing when I shut down my pc that night and turned it off that night it was running correctly and then I turn it on in the morning and the settings did not come on  correctly with the correct voice. So have any of you ever had this happen where your voice and settings never came up running correctly?

Mr. Ed

Adrian Spratt

This happens for me fairly often. The fast solution is to go into voice profiles with JAWS key+control+s to select my default. I agree, though, it is disconcerting.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:34 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws not loading my settings and correct voice

Hi,

I started my computer yesterday and when the screen came up to enter my pin, Jaws spoke and it was using the Tom compact voice which is the correct voice. After I put my pin in and my computer continued to load and Jaws came up speaking it was using the Jaws eloquence voice. I then restarted my computer twice again and the same thing happened. I have never in all my years of using Jaws had the change of voice happen. I have Tom compact voice as my default voice. I have use this voice for years and it has come up running every time. So since the Jaws voice was not correct I assume my settings were not being loaded either.  So I went into the Jaws settings and merge my settings over from Jaws 18 and as soon as I did this the Tom compact voice came on and my Jaws is working like it should be. One more thing when I shut down my pc that night and turned it off that night it was running correctly and then I turn it on in the morning and the settings did not come on  correctly with the correct voice. So have any of you ever had this happen where your voice and settings never came up running correctly?

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Hi,

Do you think it is only changing the voice profile or do you think it is also not loading the personal Jaws settings?

If you change the voice profile back then how do you tell the personal Jaws settings are loaded?

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 4:56 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws not loading my settings and correct voice

This happens for me fairly often. The fast solution is to go into voice profiles with JAWS key+control+s to select my default. I agree, though, it is disconcerting.

Hi,

Mr. Ed

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Adrian & Mr. Ed,

Have either of you noticed if this happens after an update?  Or is it a spiratic random pain in the posterior?!  It seems like Win10 1903 came out with 2 or 3 cumulative updates in a short period of time and you know we all receive updates at different times depending on what criteria I don't have a clue!  Since I run eloquence as my default I've never had this happen.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
If at first you DO succeed, try not to look astonished!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 2:55 PM

Hi,

Mr. Ed

Adrian Spratt

It is changing only the voice profile.

Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:08 PM

Hi,

Do you think it is only changing the voice profile or do you think it is also not loading the personal Jaws settings?

If you change the voice profile back then how do you tell the personal Jaws settings are loaded?

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 4:56 PM

Hi,

Mr. Ed

Adrian Spratt

It doesn’t happen often, and I’m hard-pressed to detect a pattern. It happened when I rebooted the other day, but not right after a Win10 update. The one reliable occurrence is brief but odd. When I unload JAWS with JAWS key+F4, another voice temporarily takes over. I think it’s Eloquence. But when I bring back JAWS, my default voice reasserts itself.

The only time this phenomenon was a real nuisance was when I updated JAWS. I’d lose my default completely and have to use the synthesizer manager to get it back. However, I haven’t experienced the problem after the last one or two updates.

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:10 PM

Hi Adrian & Mr. Ed,

Have either of you noticed if this happens after an update?  Or is it a spiratic random pain in the posterior?!  It seems like Win10 1903 came out with 2 or 3 cumulative updates in a short period of time and you know we all receive updates at different times depending on what criteria I don't have a clue!  Since I run eloquence as my default I've never had this happen.

Hi,

Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed

Hi Mike,

No update were being done. My computer was working great when I shut it down for the night and then the next day when I turned it on the voice and settings were not loaded. I rebooted a number of time with the same results. I had to merge my settings over from Jaws 18 again and now is seem to be working okay. Never had this issue in using Jaws for Numerous years.

Mr. Ed

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2019 5:10 PM

Hi Adrian & Mr. Ed,

Hi,

Mr. Ed