Topics

Jaws interacting with Google Chrome.

Judy Jones

Hello All,

I have a situation I keep meaning to write about and am finally getting to it.

I’ve used Internet Explorer for years, and have started using Google Chrome more recently.  However, I am noticing, for instance, that after pressing alt-D and copying an address bar.  Pressing F6 does not get me back to where I can arrow through a site, but just reads outthe word “blank,” or reads out nothing when arrowing.  The same thing can happen when I am in an edit field, and going to the PC cursor will not close the edit field.

With Internet Explore, F6 used to get me out of this blank hole, bac to the information on the page, but doesn’t seem to work well.

When tabbing, I get information like, quote, view site information unquote, or New Tab, Close Tab.  It also lists the tab I was in.

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

“Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings.”

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Judy,
Whether IE or Chrome or FF, after doing alt + D, I shift + tab to get back into the page.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 2:32 PM
Subject: [jaws-users] Jaws interacting with Google Chrome.

Hello All,

I’ve used Internet Explorer for years, and have started using Google Chrome more recently.  However, I am noticing, for instance, that after pressing alt-D and copying an address bar.  Pressing F6 does not get me back to where I can arrow through a site, but just reads outthe word “blank,” or reads out nothing when arrowing.  The same thing can happen when I am in an edit field, and going to the PC cursor will not close the edit field.

With Internet Explore, F6 used to get me out of this blank hole, bac to the information on the page, but doesn’t seem to work well.

When tabbing, I get information like, quote, view site information unquote, or New Tab, Close Tab.  It also lists the tab I was in.

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Judy

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Judy,

From the address bar pressing the, Tab key, 1 time puts me back on the main page.

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:32 PM

Hello All,

Judy

Judy Jones

Okay, will try that then.

Also, the other situation I slipped in there about unable to get an edit field to close, getting out of forms mode, Please remind me the key stroke for pressing PC cursor in laptop mode with no num pad?

Thanks again.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 1:22 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] Jaws interacting with Google Chrome.

Hi Judy,

Whether IE or Chrome or FF, after doing alt + D, I shift + tab to get back into the page.

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

Glenn / Lenny

I usually just hit escape to close the edit field.
Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:12 PM

Also, the other situation I slipped in there about unable to get an edit field to close, getting out of forms mode, Please remind me the key stroke for pressing PC cursor in laptop mode with no num pad?

Thanks again.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Judy,

Here you go:

Cursor and Mouse Commands for Laptop Layout

Summary: Cursor and mouse commands for laptop layout. Column one contains the description and column two contains the keystroke.

table with 2 columns and 18 rows

Description

Command 

PC Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+SEMICOLON 

JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+P 

Invisible Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+P twice quickly 

Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+APOSTROPHE 

Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+LEFT BRACKET 

Restrict JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+R 

Left Mouse Button

CAPS                 LOCK+8 

Right Mouse Button

CAPS                 LOCK+9 

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8 

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9 

Drag and Drop

CAPS                 LOCK+CTRL+8 

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE 

Say Cursor Type

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+SHIFT+C 

Mouse Down

ALT+SHIFT+DOWN                 ARROW 

Mouse Left

ALT+SHIFT+LEFT                 ARROW 

Mouse Right

ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT                 ARROW 

Mouse Up

ALT+SHIFT+UP                 ARROW

table end

I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 3:12 PM

Thanks again.

Judy

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

Judy Jones

Hi, Mike,

Pressing the tab key does nothing, but thank you.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:05 PM

Hi Judy,

From the address bar pressing the, Tab key, 1 time puts me back on the main page.

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 12:32 PM

Hello All,

Judy

Judy Jones

Correct, I tried that too.

Judy

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:16 PM

I usually just hit escape to close the edit field.

Glenn

Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2019 5:12 PM

Thanks again.

Judy

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

Judy Jones

Beautiful!

I know most of those, but the PC cursor key stroke obviously left my memory.

Thanks for this.  I am going to send this list to my husband, too.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:31 PM

Hi Judy,

Here you go:

Summary: Cursor and mouse commands for laptop layout. Column one contains the description and column two contains the keystroke.

Description

Command 

PC Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+SEMICOLON 

JAWS Cursor

Invisible Cursor

Restrict JAWS Cursor

Left Mouse Button

Right Mouse Button

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8 

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9 

Drag and Drop

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE 

Say Cursor Type

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+SHIFT+C 

Mouse Down

Mouse Left

Mouse Right

Mouse Up

table end

Thanks again.

Judy

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

Van Lant, Robin

Juyd,

I wonder if you are wanting the Insert Z command.  This is the one to toggle the virtual cursor on and off, which is the cursor that is changing when you go in and out of an edit box in a browser. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:49 PM

Beautiful!

Judy

Hi Judy,

Here you go:

Description

Command 

PC Cursor

JAWS Cursor

Invisible Cursor

Restrict JAWS Cursor

Left Mouse Button

Right Mouse Button

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8 

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9 

Drag and Drop

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE 

Say Cursor Type

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+SHIFT+C 

Mouse Down

Mouse Left

Mouse Right

Mouse Up

table end

Thanks again.

Judy

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Judy Jones

Hmmmm, that isn’t one I have tried, so thank you for this.

Judy

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 3:59 PM

Juyd,

I wonder if you are wanting the Insert Z command.  This is the one to toggle the virtual cursor on and off, which is the cursor that is changing when you go in and out of an edit box in a browser. 

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io <jaws-users-list@groups.io> On Behalf Of Judy Jones
Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:49 PM

Beautiful!

Judy

Hi Judy,

Here you go:

Description

Command 

PC Cursor

JAWS Cursor

Invisible Cursor

Restrict JAWS Cursor

Left Mouse Button

Right Mouse Button

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8 

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9 

Drag and Drop

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE 

Say Cursor Type

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+SHIFT+C 

Mouse Down

Mouse Left

Mouse Right

Mouse Up

table end

Thanks again.

Judy

Hi Judy,

HTH.

Glenn

Hello All,

Judy

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key
send an e-mail to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.