Topics

Jaws interacting with Google Chrome.

Judy Jones

Hello All,

I have a situation I keep meaning to write about and am finally getting to it.

I’ve used Internet Explorer for years, and have started using Google Chrome more recently.  However, I am noticing, for instance, that after pressing alt-D and copying an address bar.  Pressing F6 does not get me back to where I can arrow through a site, but just reads outthe word “blank,” or reads out nothing when arrowing.  The same thing can happen when I am in an edit field, and going to the PC cursor will not close the edit field.

With Internet Explore, F6 used to get me out of this blank hole, bac to the information on the page, but doesn’t seem to work well.

When tabbing, I get information like, quote, view site information unquote, or New Tab, Close Tab.  It also lists the tab I was in.

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

Hi Judy,
Whether IE or Chrome or FF, after doing alt + D, I shift + tab to get back into the page.
HTH.
Glenn

I have a situation I keep meaning to write about and am finally getting to it.

I’ve used Internet Explorer for years, and have started using Google Chrome more recently.  However, I am noticing, for instance, that after pressing alt-D and copying an address bar.  Pressing F6 does not get me back to where I can arrow through a site, but just reads outthe word “blank,” or reads out nothing when arrowing.  The same thing can happen when I am in an edit field, and going to the PC cursor will not close the edit field.

With Internet Explore, F6 used to get me out of this blank hole, bac to the information on the page, but doesn’t seem to work well.

When tabbing, I get information like, quote, view site information unquote, or New Tab, Close Tab.  It also lists the tab I was in.

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Judy,

From the address bar pressing the, Tab key, 1 time puts me back on the main page.

I have a situation I keep meaning to write about and am finally getting to it.

I’ve used Internet Explorer for years, and have started using Google Chrome more recently.  However, I am noticing, for instance, that after pressing alt-D and copying an address bar.  Pressing F6 does not get me back to where I can arrow through a site, but just reads outthe word “blank,” or reads out nothing when arrowing.  The same thing can happen when I am in an edit field, and going to the PC cursor will not close the edit field.

With Internet Explore, F6 used to get me out of this blank hole, bac to the information on the page, but doesn’t seem to work well.

When tabbing, I get information like, quote, view site information unquote, or New Tab, Close Tab.  It also lists the tab I was in.

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

Judy Jones

Okay, will try that then.

Also, the other situation I slipped in there about unable to get an edit field to close, getting out of forms mode, Please remind me the key stroke for pressing PC cursor in laptop mode with no num pad?

Thanks again.

[...]

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

I usually just hit escape to close the edit field.
Glenn

[...]

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

Mike B <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Judy,

Here you go:

Cursor and Mouse Commands for Laptop Layout

table with 2 columns and 18 rows

Description

Command

PC Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+SEMICOLON

JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+P

Invisible Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+P twice quickly

Route PC Cursor to JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+APOSTROPHE

Route JAWS Cursor to PC Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+LEFT BRACKET

Restrict JAWS Cursor

CAPS                 LOCK+R

Left Mouse Button

CAPS                 LOCK+8

Right Mouse Button

CAPS                 LOCK+9

Left Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+8

Right Mouse Button Lock

CTRL+WINDOWS Key+9

Drag and Drop

CAPS                 LOCK+CTRL+8

Say Active Cursor

ALT+DELETE

Say Cursor Type

CAPS LOCK+CTRL+SHIFT+C

Mouse Down

ALT+SHIFT+DOWN                 ARROW

Mouse Left

ALT+SHIFT+LEFT                 ARROW

Mouse Right

ALT+SHIFT+RIGHT                 ARROW

Mouse Up

ALT+SHIFT+UP                 ARROW

table end

[...]

From being on the internet on the phone, this is familiar, but pressing Enter on the open tab I was in, does not get me back to the page.

I know Entering any of the keys like F5, F6 or F7 to give information those keys would usually give, only results in Jaws stating that I am not in a document, yet hitting Jaws T shows me I am, indeed at the page.

Thanks very much for helping to straighten out my confusion.

Judy

Judy Jones

Hi, Mike,

Pressing the tab key does nothing, but thank you.

Judy