Topics

JAWS in 40-minute Mode

Tom Fairhurst

It seems like about every other time I boot my PC, JAWS strts n 40-minute mode. Rebooting the PC fixes this, but it is a mild irritation. Why might this be happening? I am strongly looking at getting a new PC with Windows 10 soon. U an ysubg Windows 7 now.

Mitchell

Have you tried to reactivate it or call Freedom Scientific

On May 8, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Tom Fairhurst <tfairhurst@...> wrote:

It seems like about every other time I boot my PC, JAWS strts n 40-minute mode. Rebooting the PC fixes this, but it is a mild irritation. Why might this be happening? I am strongly looking at getting a new PC with Windows 10 soon. U an ysubg Windows 7 now.

Mike O'Brien

When a computer starts in 40 minute mode, you don't have to completely stop and then restart the whole system   to get working again.  All that is needed is to stop, then restart JAWS.

To stop and restart JAWS you can do the following.

1. To stop JAWS, hold down the JAWS key and press f4.  If you are asked if you really want to stop JAWS, press yes.

Note, there  will be no speech until JAWS is up and running again.

2. If you have a hot key set up to start JAWS, press it and JAWS should be talking again in a minute or 3.

4.  If you don't have a hot key set up to start JAWS, you can do the following.

Hold down the Windows key and type run.  In the dialog box that appears, type JAWSxxx,

where xxx is 17, 18, 2018, 2019, etc. and press enter and wait for JAWS to start talking.

Mike

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Fairhurst
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 10:35
To: List JAWS
Subject: [jaws-users] JAWS in 40-minute Mode

Glenn / Lenny

Also, there is a keystroke for unloading and restarting Jaws, but I don't recall what it is.
Glenn

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: [jaws-users] JAWS in 40-minute Mode

When a computer starts in 40 minute mode, you don't have to completely stop and then restart the whole system   to get working again.  All that is needed is to stop, then restart JAWS.

1. To stop JAWS, hold down the JAWS key and press f4.  If you are asked if you really want to stop JAWS, press yes.

2. If you have a hot key set up to start JAWS, press it and JAWS should be talking again in a minute or 3.

Hold down the Windows key and type run.  In the dialog box that appears, type JAWSxxx,

where xxx is 17, 18, 2018, 2019, etc. and press enter and wait for JAWS to start talking.

Mike

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Tom Fairhurst

Dennis L

Would it be insert windows f4?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:40 PM
To: jaws-users-list@groups.io

Also, there is a keystroke for unloading and restarting Jaws, but I don't recall what it is.

Glenn

Mike

Glenn / Lenny

That's the one.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 1:17 PM

Would it be insert windows f4?

From: jaws-users-list@groups.io [mailto:jaws-users-list@groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:40 PM

Glenn

Mike

Tom Fairhurst

Thanks for the tips.

Mike

LeDon

So, your jaws is in 40 minute mode? Well that happened to me also once. A call to FS did the trick in about 10 minutes. Easy peazy.

Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 12:40 PM

Glenn

Mike